Can't load printer software

When I try to load my printers software, I get a message, "This driver not
supported by Windows 2000. I'm running XP. Any help's appreciated.

Which printer? Which software, the original CD that came with the system or
possibly an update downloaded from the HP web site?

.... Ben Myers

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:54:24 -0500, "john bright" <jbright@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>When I try to load my printers software, I get a message, "This driver not
>supported by Windows 2000. I'm running XP. Any help's appreciated.

DeskJet 612c and it's the cd that came with the printer

john bright wrote:
> When I try to load my printers software, I get a message, "This
> driver not supported by Windows 2000. I'm running XP. Any help's
> appreciated.

There is likely a native XP driver for your printer and no software is
required. Use the option "do not search for a driver, select from list"
in the printer install wizard.

The CD that came with the printer won't help one bit with XP. I have set up a
612C on an XP system simply by choosing 610C or 612C from the list of printer
drivers available from the XP install printer wizard or whatever it is called.

Drivers for most of the older HP printers are built into XP, but sometimes the
more functional printers (or printer/scanner/copiers) function less under XP.
This is what we call progress for which we should all be thankful to Carly for
getting it done on her watch... Ben Myers