JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Just a few days ago i read a report on an abit kt7 raid which gave it a 5 outta 10?! (i was surprised)

Reason being was that the guy testing it went through a bunch of boards until he got one that worked... quality control and all that.

From what i've heard , aside from this article, was that the kt7 was a great board... so i'd like to hear from anyone who has one...or who has had serious problemswith them, like defective ones.

Unfortunately i can't find the link anymore...

Thanks

(giving my a7v board to my folks, wondering if i should get a new a7v, or try the raid board)

G

The KT-7 rocks. It's kind of picky about video cards though. Had to go through a few different ones before I could get it to run stable. I can't believe somebody would only give it a 5 out of 10. DDR boards should be out soon, why not wait & pick up one of those?

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yeah , i was surprised at the review as well, i've heard lotsa good about those boards.....

Yeah, i'm also thinking about waiting until the ddr's come out....but will i be able 2 recycle my t-bird chip? (until i get enough to buy one of the new chips)

Basically, are the ddr boards backwards compatible with the older t-birds? i assume that the new bus would just automatically defalt from 133 to 100 (minus the double pumping)... but i'm not sure.... i know i've seen that issue discussed somewhere....

thanks