FIC Motherboard and USB Problems

allen

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me out with some accurate advice. I just put together an Athlon 750 w- FIC AZ11 Motherboard which has 5 PCI, AGP and 2 USB. 256 PC 100 RAM & W.D.7500RPM H.D. I have a 4 port USB powered hub attached to one USB on the board. Without any USB devices being hooked up all is well. But as soon as I hook up a few USB devices like Epson USB printer, Epson USB scanner, USB Zip 100 my computer constantly locks up. I have even had it lock up and than unplug one or two of the USB devices and it unfreezes and is OK again. I was careful to download the correct drivers for all the devices. I have put a few together before but never had such difficulties. I have already taken an Abit KT7-Raid board back thinking it was the board until it did the same with this one and I realized it was the USB. I just don't know what to do or how to do it. Especially if there are IRQ conflicts and so forth. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks, Mark

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by allen on 11/30/00 04:36 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

uncoando

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Try liberating some system resources by disabling com 1 and 2 IRQ assignments in the BIOS...That mainboard has 4 usb slots? 2 slots in back, 2 five pin connections on the board itself. Make sure the proper usb controller is toggled on in the BIOS.
You should be using w98se or better, make sure it's patched...

<b><font color=blue>Brainy Sturgeon</b></font color=blue>