Abit KT7-RAID Compatibility

G

Considering picking up a KT7 Raid board and Duron 800 cpu and read post somewhere about the board being picky with display cards? Wondering what the general opinion is on this and what the overall response to the board is. I hear it's a sweet board.

gregorarch

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I hear that they're excellent if they work, but a disturbingly high number don't. The impression I get is that Abit's quality control leaves something to be desired, but that's entirely anecdotal.

G

Mine works fine now, but when I first got it, I couldn't get my IBM hard drive (75GXP) to perform better than "really slow." Spent days swapping/reloading everything...then it just "started working" and I wasn't paying enough attention to figure out why. Could have been my fault, but I don't think so.

Check out:

<A HREF="http://go.to/kt7faq" target="_new">http://go.to/kt7faq</A>

I'm using an Asus GeForce DDR card, which seems to work fine.

Mike

LTJLover

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My friend hooked his up recently and it is awesome. As far as video compatibility I haven't experienced problems. He bought a generic GF2 which gave me doubts, but it works fine. If a generic works, I doubt you would have too much trouble with a brand name.

Jon
"Water-Cooled CPU Runner"

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
From what I understand, an unusually large number of them are factory-defective; however, you can exchange them easily and when they work, they're -great-. I'm buying one now to use with my upcoming Tbird-900, and dual Matrox 30GB drives (RAID 0)

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
the RAID version of the board has problems, the normal version doesn't have near as many. (something about conflicts between things and the raid controller)

G

I have a KT7 RAID with two IBM 75GXP drives in RAID configuration, a soundblaster player 1024, a network card, a modem, a ASUS V7100 geforce2MX card, an IRDA interface, an usb mouse and keyboard, a cd writer and a DVD player, and it all works fine!! i just had to remove the soundcard from PCI slot 5 which shares an irq with the raid controller. my soundcard is in another pci slot now and it works fine!! i got my athlon 800 running at 1Ghz and my cheap PC133 CAS3 Ram is running at CAS2 and the fastest settings.
the KT7 faq really helped me a lot!!

I checked performance with Sisoft Samdra, and my pc is faster than the Athlon 1Ghz listed in the benchmark results.