The Final StarCraft II System Requirements Are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vectorm12

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Well it's great that they made the game run on such modest hardware but I can't help but feel Blizzard have somehow decided that it's "good enough" at this point. After all PC gaming is where limits should be pushed, if I want modest visuals and across the board compatibility I'll just stick with a console.

gho3t

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
Not really, OpenGL vs DirectX, differant graphics APIs, different optimizations. Also, Microsoft have invested a lot into building a games friendly OS, Apple.. not so much.

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
[citation][nom]vectorm12[/nom]Well it's great that they made the game run on such modest hardware but I can't help but feel Blizzard have somehow decided that it's "good enough" at this point. After all PC gaming is where limits should be pushed, if I want modest visuals and across the board compatibility I'll just stick with a console.[/citation]
Yea, i agree with the PC pushing gaming limits, but this is blizzard here. They made all their games run on very modest hardware to ensure the largest possible player base to get the most sales. It's always been that way, I wished that blizzard would push the envelopes on visuals as well, but it'll prolly never be the case :(

Sc2 doesnt even have AA atm, which is so sad imo...i do hope they add it in later!

G

[citation][nom]vectorm12[/nom]Well it's great that they made the game run on such modest hardware but I can't help but feel Blizzard have somehow decided that it's "good enough" at this point. After all PC gaming is where limits should be pushed, if I want modest visuals and across the board compatibility I'll just stick with a console.[/citation]

Stop worrying about the visuals. Rather, focus on the gameplay which is where its strength lies.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]hotsacoman[/nom]Stop worrying about the visuals. Rather, focus on the gameplay which is where its strength lies.[/citation]

Meh, I'm not really impressed with visuals OR gameplay. Rather, I'd say its strength lies in the modding capability, as well as hopefully the story.

G

[citation][nom]aznguy0028[/nom]Yea, i agree with the PC pushing gaming limits, but this is blizzard here. They made all their games run on very modest hardware to ensure the largest possible player base to get the most sales. It's always been that way, I wished that blizzard would push the envelopes on visuals as well, but it'll prolly never be the case Sc2 doesnt even have AA atm, which is so sad imo...i do hope they add it in later![/citation]

Blizzard stated that AA was going to be included in the final release - just not the beta.

G

Does this pretty much count out all netbook models not running a dedicated graphics chip?

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
SC II Beta had a huge range of settings, everything from making it look ok to make it look very nice!

The gfx scaling of this title is big, so anything from their minimum to insane rigs will still be properly used. (got 480 SLI rig and it worked quite hard with everything cranked up)

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
[citation]2.6 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
[/citation]
Agreed, What the hell are you CPU manufacturers doing with your product names! What the hell is AMD's version of a 2.6Ghz Pentium IV equiv?

fatedtodie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Why can't XP DIE so stupid horribly lame specs like that finally disappear. I wanted starcraft 2 to require a dual core processor and at minimum a 9800 or 4800. These lowball specs are retarded. Also no directx 11? DIE XP DIE. Directx 9.0c is what 2005? Blizzard is stupid. It will be a fun game, but it could have been so much more...

G

I hate this pic of the terran with a cigar in his mouth IN the giant suit! like not to mention that it's not very healthy, how the heck does he get the cigar out of his mouth with his hands when it's in the space suit - and don't say he can open the glass thingi coz the whole point of the suit is to give him oxygen in a space/toxic environment!

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
it's because they don't want a possibility of commotion from the intel and amd fanboys.

[citation][nom]opmopadop[/nom][citation]2.6 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor[/citation]Agreed, What the hell are you CPU manufacturers doing with your product names! What the hell is AMD's version of a 2.6Ghz Pentium IV equiv?[/citation]

Status
Not open for further replies.