Cannont Change microphone quality

Lethalcleric

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
OK I have a m17x and have just replaced my headset from a gamecom 777 to a Ozone Oxid, When even I use Vent/TS I am told my microphone quality is not as good as my old headset so I have found what I think is the problem.

ON windows 7 under microphone properties the quality is set to telephone quality but my old Mic is set to DVD quality which is something like 50k Hz and dual channel rather than single channel and 8000hz but in windows I cannot change the quality as its greyed out.

microphone.jpg

The inbuild Stereo mic in my laptop goes 50000 hz as well, The drivers I am using are the default USB audio ones that windows uses and this was the case on my GameCom 777. I have searched the internet but this problem only appears to be in Vista and aparently It was patched.

Help?

hardwaretechy

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
You need to install a specific driver for the headset i believe. Whats happening is that the default driver doesn't know that it can improve the quality setting so it won't let you. Your headset should have come with a disc, or find them online. Cheers.

Lethalcleric

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010

The headset did not come with a disc and I bought it brand new, Aparently It is designed to be used out the box.