Sign in with
Your question

Steam; labeled on boxes.

Last response: in Video Games
November 20, 2010 8:03:43 AM

So, I want I prefer to have most of my games on discs though I don't mind that much. I have seen on forums that game boxes don't show that they're part of Steam and I have never seen them either. I asked in my local Game[.co.uk] shop but they didn't seem to know either. I want them on Steam for the obvious reasons - VAC, community, etc.. Will the box say if it's part of the Steam client?

kitteh_

More about : steam labeled boxes

November 20, 2010 10:21:07 AM

If a game requires Steam, it will say on the box, at least here in the UK.
There are also some games which have CD keys which can be activated in Steam should you desire. Please note that this does not apply to all games which are available both in boxed form and on Steam. I believe the list to which games can be activated is through this link:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=748...
November 20, 2010 11:56:13 AM

Rusty_M said:
If a game requires Steam, it will say on the box, at least here in the UK.

hmmm, OK. Thanks Rusty.
Related resources
November 20, 2010 12:06:13 PM

It's in the small print on some games I've seen at least
November 21, 2010 5:30:26 PM

Steam's listed somewhere on the box of US games as well, usually saying steamworks, or requiring Internet activation
November 21, 2010 8:03:33 PM

Sunoccard said:
Steam's listed somewhere on the box of US games as well, usually saying steamworks, or requiring Internet activation

But surely 'Requires internet activation' could be any kind of client? Or is Steam the only one that does this?
November 21, 2010 8:04:30 PM

Rusty_M said:
It's in the small print on some games I've seen at least

Why would it be in the *small print*?! Steam's great and most PC gamers agree. :D 
November 28, 2010 3:17:28 PM

it's not listed as any of the main features like "look how great our graphics are"
!