Motherboard question (rookie poster)

G

Hi, nice forum ya'll got here...

My question is: Can i upgrade my current 550 processor with this type of mobo, (part no. 4000608) Jabil (Tabor3) BX Motherboard R3. Yep it's a Gateway Performance :)

I'm not sure what other info is needed to determine this but i can find out more about my system if it would help.

Thx for any help, Bob

G

My guess is that you can upgrade it to PIII 600. You could easily get a SocketA mb w/Duron 800 or T-Bird 700 for about the same as buying a PIII 600, especially if it's a Katmai.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The 4000608 motherboard does not support processors 2507072 and 2507074 or any other Coppermine processors.

This motherboard supports one Pentium II/III processor. The processor's Voltage Identification (VID) pins automatically program the voltage regulator on the motherboard to the required processor voltage. The motherboard currently supports processors that are compliant with the VRM 8.2 DC-DC Converter Design Guidelines document. This is the specification that defines DC-to-DC converters to meet the power requirements of the Intel Pentium II processor and future microprocessors.

Note: This motherboard supports Pentium II processors with a 100 or 66MHz front side bus (FSB).

Processors with a 100MHz FSB should only be used with 100MHz RAM.
Processors with a 66MHz FSB can be used with 100 or 66MHz RAM.
Processor Upgrades The motherboard can be upgraded with Pentium II processors that run at higher speeds by using the configure mode in CMOS.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!