Is anyone playing RoE online?

f00ge

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2003

I've got Doom3 here (came with gfx card). I, as have many, hoped for that it
would be big online etc.
Doom3 obviously never took off online.
But now RoE has 8 players online and CTF.

So I was thinking of getting it. But if no-one is playin git online, I won't
go there.
I *only* play multiplayer.

So I guess what I am asking is how many are playing this RoE online?
More/less than Q3?

Thanks,

f00ge wasted my time on 4/17/2005 6:29 PM with the following:

> So I guess what I am asking is how many are playing this RoE online?
> More/less than Q3?

Enough that you can get into a low-lag game (assuming your rig runs the
game reasonably well)

--
-SnoopJeDi

On 4/17/2005 4:49 PM SnoopJeDi brightened our day with:

> f00ge wasted my time on 4/17/2005 6:29 PM with the following:
>

>> So I guess what I am asking is how many are playing this RoE online?
>> More/less than Q3?
>>

> Enough that you can get into a low-lag game (assuming your rig runs
> the game reasonably well)

I wonder what will be included with the 1.3 patch. Will that have some
form of CTF added? It's supposed put everyone on the same protocol,
maybe regular Doom 3 will remain with the gametypes it currently has.

--
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

Inglo wasted my time on 4/17/2005 8:01 PM with the following:
> I wonder what will be included with the 1.3 patch. Will that have some
> form of CTF added? It's supposed put everyone on the same protocol,
> maybe regular Doom 3 will remain with the gametypes it currently has.

I'd say no CTF, mainly since CTF is Threewave, and they didn't make any
money off of vanilla Doom3 (directly anyway). I believe 1.3 is just
going to make things a lot smoother (hopefully some of the CTF bugs will
be sorted; I get some weird lag issues when playing online here and
there) I know linux support is coming with 1.3, and I'm happy about
this, because I know a guy who is more than willing to put up a *nix
dedicated server :D

And as far as everybody being on the same "protocol," they are, as long
as they are running the same 'mod' (RoE is technically a mod, with
official id patches backing it up and keychecks inside of the DLL).

--
-SnoopJeDi

On 4/17/2005 5:09 PM SnoopJeDi brightened our day with:

> Inglo wasted my time on 4/17/2005 8:01 PM with the following:
>
>> I wonder what will be included with the 1.3 patch. Will that have
>> some form of CTF added? It's supposed put everyone on the same
>> protocol, maybe regular Doom 3 will remain with the gametypes it
>> currently has.
>

> I'd say no CTF, mainly since CTF is Threewave, and they didn't make
> any money off of vanilla Doom3 (directly anyway). I believe 1.3 is
> just going to make things a lot smoother (hopefully some of the CTF
> bugs will be sorted; I get some weird lag issues when playing online
> here and there) I know linux support is coming with 1.3, and I'm
> happy about this, because I know a guy who is more than willing to put
> up a *nix dedicated server :D
>
> And as far as everybody being on the same "protocol," they are, as
> long as they are running the same 'mod' (RoE is technically a mod,
> with official id patches backing it up and keychecks inside of the DLL).

You never got a protocol error for having a wrong version in Quake 3?
That's what I was talking about. I guess that specific error doesn't
occur with Doom 3, it was a very confusing error for some people,
"server uses protocol 45" etc... the in-game browser didn't filter out
incompatible game servers, Doom 3 does.