REDUCING Range

If WEP is pretty useless and my router does not support WPA, is there a
software package I can run that will encrypt/decode data being sent via
the network?

--
Entropy1024

>If WEP is pretty useless and my router does not support WPA, is there a
>software package I can run that will encrypt/decode data being sent via
>the network?

WEP is perfect until you've sent .1 to 1GB of data, with the second
number being more common. They must capture that many packets to break
the code.Most SOHO users don't send that much data in a month so
changing a strong WEP password weekly, provides great security. On the
other hand, if you like to stream 1.5GB DiVx movies, they can be in
your network before the credits roll.

TRENDING THREADS