Sign in with
Your question

In need gaming computer suggestions

Last response: in Video Games
November 22, 2010 11:55:17 AM

I've been watching various pre-built gaming computers on newegg, but the one I was watching and most interested in http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=83-229-... isn't for sale anymore. Then I came here and it looks like cyberpower computers aren't reliable or something which puts me back at square 1.

I don't know how to build my own computer, I could probably figure it out using google if I had to, but I would prefer to just either find a prebuilt one or a custom built one that they would build for you or something... not really sure what to do, but my price range is right around 1200. :love: 
November 27, 2010 8:44:32 PM

Try ibuypower.com They have alot of options for you. I hear their shipping can be bad, but they will replace any broken items free. I've read reviews and they range from Good to terrible but if I was buying a computer I would buy from them.

Alienware over charges ALOT and so does Maingear and DigitalStorm, they want a WHOLE lot more than what the computer is worth, like selling a computer worth $5000 for $8000. Ibuypower does not charge that insane premium, but they are also the least well known and therefore you are not buying a name such as Alienware.
Good Luck!
m
l
November 28, 2010 1:00:48 AM

ibuypower.com is good like sargetchimera said. The sad truth about this is most computers that are prebuilt are for casual users, not gamers, so a prebuild will never fit the need perfectly.

You could look at a rig of the month feature, like the one on mmo-champion and look at having a lesser known computer shop building what you want. Might cost a little less and it's tailored to what you want and need.
m
l
!