Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Contrast ratio. and XBOX 360 use

Last response: in Video Games
November 22, 2010 3:27:15 PM

let me start by saying that i figured this would be the best place to ask about a monitor given the vast amount of knowledge of users here so please dont flame for the following question.(and why do i have to choose a sub category when none apply :/ ...)
is there a way to find out a monitors static contrast if not listed, also i was considering a monitor for use with my 360 (for cost reasons) has anyone had any experience with this and what kind of stats would you advise.
November 22, 2010 3:31:30 PM

Moderator could you please move to the correct location
Score
a b C Monitor
November 22, 2010 3:34:45 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Video Games by Mousemonkey
Score
Related resources
November 22, 2010 10:49:46 PM

Getting a monitor with HDMI will save you a lot of trouble. There are a lot of issues that can arise from DVI>HDMI types of connection, at least I see a lot of them on here. Speakers as well would be a bonus as the alternate route I believe has some issues with the HDMI and audio out not optimally placed. It will make a cleaner set up as well. If you have a nice set of speakers this may not be the best choice though.

What is your budget?
Score
November 23, 2010 12:47:18 AM

around $300, also speakers are no issue i have a set of turtle beach x41's.
Score

Best solution

November 23, 2010 8:48:38 PM

For $300 you can get a decent entry level HDTV (Just bought an LG LD350 for $330 at Amazon!) especially with Black Friday looming in the distance. Just something you may want to consider.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... seems like a solid buy for what you are looking to use it for. Well under your budget as well. Low response time, HD, and HDMI connection. Size may be an issue for you as I do not know what you are looking for in that area.

You may want to consider LED since your budget allows it. Lower power consumption and better video quality. I haven't seen one up close and personal so I can't vouch for the claims.

Good luck with your purchase.
November 26, 2010 8:26:18 PM

Best answer selected by skizzik_121.
Score
a b C Monitor
November 27, 2010 10:46:14 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!