CoD Black Ops: Class Build Discussion Thread

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Hello!

I got into the MW2 craze late and was sucked into it like wildfire. When Black Ops came out I was all over it.

I wish I had more time for the game, I really do! I'm only level 35 (Xbox 360) and I've been enjoying the game thoroughly.

So please feel free to discuss anything Black Ops related here!

I'll start off with a few things I'd like to talk about, including my experiences, my pros and my cons about the game so far. This is all relating to multi-player.

My class builds (I just hit level 35):

Assault
Primary: Famas - Reflex Sight, Suppressor
Secondary: CZ75 - Full Auto
Lethal: Semtex
Tactical: Concussion
Equipment: Claymore
Perks: Scavenger Pro, Warlord Pro, Marathon

SMG
Primary: AK74u - Grip, Rapid Fire
Perks: Scavenger Pro, Warlord Pro, Marathon

Heavy
Primary: M-60 - Grip
Secondary: Strela-3
Perks: Ghost, Sleight of Hand Pro, Marathon

Sniper
Primary: PSG1
Tactical: Willy Pete
Perks: Ghost, Scout, Marathon

CQB
Primary: HS10
Perks: Lightweight, Sleight of Hand Pro, Marathon

Last night I got my first Chopper Gunner, in which I got 5 kills. Played on Crisis, was loads of fun!

Pros - Feels balanced. Not used to the way Sniping works quite yet but I'm getting there, still used to MW2. I love how Treyarch worked in the different game modes you HAVE to play in order to unlock the pro versions of some of the perks. Makes people mix it up a little bit. None of the builds I've come across are too cheap/bulls**t yet. Maps seem pretty well designed. Theater mode is awesome. Wager matches are tons of fun!

Cons - Contracts are kinda cool, however they look VERY repetitive (I keep seeing the same ones day after day) and they don't incorporate more weapons/accomplishments as they should. If the HOST leaves the game right when the match ends, it doesn't save your goddamned video for theater mode. That pisses me off. If you purchase a reticle or lens color, you should be able to use it on EVERY GUN, not have to buy it for each individual weapon. The G-11 seems just a teeny bit too powerful, could probably be nerfed a tiny bit in the damage or accuracy department, otherwise it's OK.

What're your class choices, pros/cons? Favorite maps?

GoldenI

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
I would be playing it, but unfortunately my controller is busted. :-( oh well. instead of investing in a new controller i decided to go all out and build a whole new computer system for gaming.

MrDrift

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
I only really use the

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Super Mega-Awesome Pwnage Class of All-time (or just SMG)
Primary: Ak 74u w/ Extended Mags
Secondary: M1911 w/ Extended Mags
Lethal: Frag
Perks: Scavenger Pro, Sleight of Hand Pro, Hacker Pro
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of my other classes are the same except i alternate Primary Weapons

Fav Map: I dunno really but I seem to enjoy Summit the most as I get Dogs most the times there on FFA :)

Pros: I really enjoy how Killstreaks don't contribute to your next killstreak........

Cons: Gets boring reallllllly easily......

P.S: I just noticed that i used "Really" a lot :p.

Koibitotachi

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Kinda noob builds...
Assault:
Primary : Commando with extended mag and precision scope
Secondary : CZ75 extended mag
Lethal:Semtex
Tactical: Flashbang
Equipment: Motion sensor
Perks: Scavenger pro, Ghost pro, Marathon pro

To be honest, your builds aren't that useful.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Builds should be setup according to the game type your playing. Are these builds for TDM or for team oriented game types...and if so, do you play with friends or solo?

Are you a support player or an active player?

charlesboi

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011

for your info dude, did you know that you cant use both scanvenger and ghost!