Help me optimize some Crysis/ Warhead game configs?

kerryking

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Hello, I have a few questions for you guys. Crysis is running beautifully between 30-50fps (on average) with the Natural Mod and high-res foliage. However, the level 'Ascension' does not run very well. Is there any way to tweak the graphics config just for that level?

Also, I would like to restore Crysis Warhead to its default settings (since it lags with CCC). Is there any way to uninstall CCC without uninstalling the whole game?

Thanks for the help!

System Specs:
CPU- i5 750 @ 3.8GHz

MOBO- ASUS P7P55D-E Pro

RAM- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB

GPU- SLI gtx460

kerryking

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
CCC (Cuban-Ultima-Doom-Arch-Assassin-Taowolf-Sword's Custom Crysis Config) is a custom configuration that a lot of people really seem to like, so I decided to try it. I got it here: http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=23117&p=1.

For me it just creates lag, so I want to uninstall it. I just cannot figure out how, since there appears to be no uninstaller.

EDIT- By the way, that level is not really too important anyway. I thing it lags simply because it is a plane mission. But anyway, if I do revert the graphics for that level only, will it mess up my custom settings?

kerryking

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Ok, great, that worked perfectly. Now I set Warhead back to the default enthusiast settings, and am getting over 40fps. One question, though: is it normal for the game to lag a lot right after loading? (Warhead seems to lag a lot more after loading than the original).

Edit- Oddly enough, the 32bit version has none of this loading lag.