Low fps in wow

my pc is running low fps for some reason in wow. After the new patch 4.0.3 its running at 20 fps. before the patch it was running at 45-60 fps on ultra. My specs are:

CPU- Intel i5 760 processor overclocked to 3.10 Ghz.
Video card- ATi radeon 5830 HD series
Ram- 8.00 GB
Hard disk- 1 TB
Motherboard- Asus P7P55 LX
Windows 7 home premium

Ive updated everything i could but nothing is still working. Ive also been to the Cataclysm beta and it was running there at 50 fps. so i really don't know what happened when i went to the live servers. Can someone please help me?
5 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Try reducing the shadow quality
  2. I don't think it's a hardware problem. I think there was a glitch in the patch. Your system should be running WoW on ultra with 8x AA with no problems. I run on ultra with 8x AA on my Core 2 Duo (2.53ghz) & a GeForce GTX 260M with 6GB of RAM & get 60FPS with VSync enabled. I heard other people with the same complaint though.
  3. Shadows shouldn't be much of an issue on your system. I only have to turn shadows back a hair when I'm in Northrend and/or Dal. I get a steady 60FPS everywhere else in game. I don't know why Northrend is so much more taxing on systems. I get 45FPS up there with shadows turned down a notch & am only able to barely scrape 30FPS in Dalaran. I read a post where a guy said that if you want 60FPS in Dalaran you need a CPU clocked over 4ghz. Don't know how true that is, but I can't come close to 60FPS in Dal with my system specs.
  4. You should contact a GM, looks like a patch issue
  5. Yeah - betcha it is something in the patch that was gagging it. Haven't noticed framerate issues much in the past week, but my configuration is somewhat different...
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming World Of Warcraft Low FPS FPS Video Games