htgoetz

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I got two problems with my Asus P2B-S motherboard. First: Iwant to upgrade to a PIII-800 CPU. Very easy - if only the motherboard ( only 2.0V and higher ( would supply the voltage that CPU needs ( 1,65V ). Ok, a very expensive slot1 to FCPGA adapter with its own voltage regulator solves that problem.
Now, i want to update my Matrox G200 graphicscard with a GeForce 2 GTS card. I installed the card and ... it dowsn't work. Some research later i knew it is the mobo again! The power supply for the AGP-slot is too weak.
I tried to contact Asus-support in germany many times in the last 4 days, without any success. No, i don't blame Asus for the CPU-issue, but the weak power supply for the AGP-slot was very short-sighted.
I bought an Asus-board to avoid such problems, but now i have two problems in a row. And its seems very hard to contact Asus.
Buying a new mobo would solve my problems, but it would be very expensive because i have to buy a SCSI-card too.

Ok, enough of that. Can someone think of way to get my Elsa Gladiac GeForce 2 GTS to work together with my mobo?

Thomas

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
P2B-S was a older design, which confirmed to older AGP spec 2.0 (I guess) the chips that later came out needed more current (TN2 need some 9 A or so, better cards will need more) so i'd say you change your motherboard. that will also make your AGP 4X compliant since P2B has only 2X. i would suggest the Asus CUSL2.
as for the scsi card, you will have to buy a newer one

girish