Doom 3 X-box cooperative mode

I have the PC version and love every minute of it. When I read somewhere
that the X-Box version allowed for cooperative play on a split screen, I
was very excited. Halo 1 and 2 on the X-Box cooperatively on split screen
are extrememly fun! I bought the X-Box Doom 3 and when I tried to set it up
to play cooperatively, I wasn't able to. It seems that cooperative play
requires an on-line or LAN connection. Did I do something wrong (besides
buying the X-Box version)? Is there anyway to set it up to play
cooperatively using two controllers and one X-Box console?

Thanks
Gary Reany
2 answers Last reply
More about doom cooperative mode
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    nope, you need to use two xboxs or xbox live to play coop (its a lot of
    fun)

    --
    Mickster

    Visit my website and see my arcade!!

    http://mickster.freeservers.com

    "Reany" <reany@personainternet.com> wrote in message
    >I have the PC version and love every minute of it. When I read somewhere
    > that the X-Box version allowed for cooperative play on a split screen, I
    > was very excited. Halo 1 and 2 on the X-Box cooperatively on split
    > screen
    > are extrememly fun! I bought the X-Box Doom 3 and when I tried to set it
    > up
    > to play cooperatively, I wasn't able to. It seems that cooperative play
    > requires an on-line or LAN connection. Did I do something wrong (besides
    > buying the X-Box version)? Is there anyway to set it up to play
    > cooperatively using two controllers and one X-Box console?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Gary Reany

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    Reany wasted my time on 4/20/2005 8:30 PM with the following:
    > I have the PC version and love every minute of it. When I read somewhere
    > that the X-Box version allowed for cooperative play on a split screen, I
    > was very excited. Halo 1 and 2 on the X-Box cooperatively on split screen
    > are extrememly fun! I bought the X-Box Doom 3 and when I tried to set it up
    > to play cooperatively, I wasn't able to. It seems that cooperative play
    > requires an on-line or LAN connection. Did I do something wrong (besides
    > buying the X-Box version)? Is there anyway to set it up to play
    > cooperatively using two controllers and one X-Box console?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Gary Reany

    AFIAK, there is no way to set it up on a single xbox, for a single
    reason. Doom 3 renders based on a portal system. Basically, when a map
    is portalled properly, you only really render what is in your immediate
    area. This allows for high quality in small areas, although it's a pain
    in th' ass once you expand your operations (either cram things in to
    portal more or suffer performance loss)

    If split-screen co-op were possible, you could (and most likely *would*)
    have two players in two places at one time, which doubles the rendering
    load on the Xbox. Performance would subsequently drop drastically.

    Soz :(

    --
    -SnoopJeDi

Video Games