Doom 3 X-box cooperative mode

I have the PC version and love every minute of it. When I read somewhere
that the X-Box version allowed for cooperative play on a split screen, I
was very excited. Halo 1 and 2 on the X-Box cooperatively on split screen
are extrememly fun! I bought the X-Box Doom 3 and when I tried to set it up
to play cooperatively, I wasn't able to. It seems that cooperative play
requires an on-line or LAN connection. Did I do something wrong (besides
buying the X-Box version)? Is there anyway to set it up to play
cooperatively using two controllers and one X-Box console?

Thanks
Gary Reany

nope, you need to use two xboxs or xbox live to play coop (its a lot of
fun)

--
Mickster

Visit my website and see my arcade!!

http://mickster.freeservers.com

"Reany" <reany@personainternet.com> wrote in message
>I have the PC version and love every minute of it. When I read somewhere
> that the X-Box version allowed for cooperative play on a split screen, I
> was very excited. Halo 1 and 2 on the X-Box cooperatively on split
> screen
> are extrememly fun! I bought the X-Box Doom 3 and when I tried to set it
> up
> to play cooperatively, I wasn't able to. It seems that cooperative play
> requires an on-line or LAN connection. Did I do something wrong (besides
> buying the X-Box version)? Is there anyway to set it up to play
> cooperatively using two controllers and one X-Box console?
>
> Thanks
> Gary Reany

Reany wasted my time on 4/20/2005 8:30 PM with the following:
> I have the PC version and love every minute of it. When I read somewhere
> that the X-Box version allowed for cooperative play on a split screen, I
> was very excited. Halo 1 and 2 on the X-Box cooperatively on split screen
> are extrememly fun! I bought the X-Box Doom 3 and when I tried to set it up
> to play cooperatively, I wasn't able to. It seems that cooperative play
> requires an on-line or LAN connection. Did I do something wrong (besides
> buying the X-Box version)? Is there anyway to set it up to play
> cooperatively using two controllers and one X-Box console?
>
> Thanks
> Gary Reany

AFIAK, there is no way to set it up on a single xbox, for a single
reason. Doom 3 renders based on a portal system. Basically, when a map
is portalled properly, you only really render what is in your immediate
area. This allows for high quality in small areas, although it's a pain
in th' ass once you expand your operations (either cram things in to
portal more or suffer performance loss)

If split-screen co-op were possible, you could (and most likely *would*)
have two players in two places at one time, which doubles the rendering
load on the Xbox. Performance would subsequently drop drastically.

Soz :(

--
-SnoopJeDi