wireless and linux

Has anyone had good luck with the Netgear WG511 in ML 10.0? Is it prism
based? The Mandrake HCL indicated that Netgear 54Mb cards are usable but I
wanted to get some comments.
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless linux

    Try ndiswrapper from http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net

    I got it to work great with my Linksys WPC54G

    talon0769

    Card: Netgear WG511 54Mbps Cardbus adapter
    Chipset: Intersil Corporation Intersil ISL3890 Prism GT/Prism Duette
    (rev 01)
    pciid: 1260:3890
    Driver: Netgear windows driver Version: NETGEAR, Inc.,06/04/2004,
    shipped with the setup CD
    Other: Slackware 10 - kernel 2.6.9-rc2 - Ndiswrapper 0.10; works very
    good at 54Mbps, also with WEP (64bit)

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 00:32:02 GMT, johnny@n0sq.us wrote:

    >Has anyone had good luck with the Netgear WG511 in ML 10.0? Is it prism
    >based? The Mandrake HCL indicated that Netgear 54Mb cards are usable but I
    >wanted to get some comments.

Wireless Netgear Linux Wireless Networking