How to run high configuration games

Nekhtanebo

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
can i7-960 be able to run the following games-dragon origins, assassin's creed, divine 2, etc, without a graphics card.

geniusender

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010

Look your have an excellent CPU.
But your system is not balanced in terms of gaming.
Remember,
The performance of the game depends upon the combination used for it.
For Example:
U are having 10 out of 10 for CPU
But u have 0 out of 10 for GPU.
For example:
Suppose u have Intel Core 2 duo E7500,it gets only 6 out of 10 but u have a GTX 460 along with it which gets 10 out of 10 then u will be able to play these games on high settings.Although Intel core 2 duo is less powerful then Intel Core i7 960.Its not necessary that u will have GTX 460.U can have less powerful GPU.
......................................................................................................................
So u will not be able to play these games.The built-in graphic chip will not support such games.
And what about your RAM?
......................................................................................................................
Conclusion:
U have an excellent CPU.Just u need to buy a good graphic card.
Tell us your budget,we will be able to help u out.
Best of luck.

neil2108

Distinguished
May 9, 2010

Nekhtanebo..i will suggest you go for AMD phenom x4 966 BE CPU..its great for gaming..a sure 8/10 for cpu..with the money you still have with you,you go and buy yourself a good gpu..a 1gb HD5850 would do great for you..YEs with you can play any *** for the next 2 yrs guaranteed..

I7 960 -560$

x4+HD5850 -160$+230$=390$

you still have 170$ left..get yourself 6gigs of ram =120 $..for the rest 70$ get yourself a good PSU and a zinger burger on the way home..

psychophat

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
The answer is "yes it can" only if you are saying that you have integrated or on-board video and by graphics card, your referring to add-on cards.

Why you ask?

Normally motherboards with on-board video that support i700 series have video card chips that pass minimum system requirements for the games mentioned. The drawback is that since is part of the motherboard it doesn't perform quite well in terms of speed and memory capacity. Normally it is using shared memory from your system as well as passing some of its load to the CPU to do some video processing as well. Plus you have to set the setting to low though you can cheat it by modifying ini or configuration settings to tweak it so that it may run smooth but ugly graphics.

To sum it up, the games will run but you'll experience constant lag and stutters.

You can play certain games but only on low settings. You need a GPU or graphics card in order to play it at high res with all the eye candy turned on. How ever I had once read a post or article in which microsoft used their windows 7 and the same processor you said (the i7 960) to run crysis. They were able to play with it, only at some 20 fps and below at the lowest possible setting, with the res of 800 X 600, and no anti aliasing. They said that the windows OS was generating the graphics.