Any new gaming mouse coming out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riccardi50

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
I've been gaming with a $10 logitech for about 10 years now and I've decided that its time to get a big boy mouse. I've been looking around and seem to find the mice the have been the flagship of their respective companies for about 2 years now. Are there any new ones coming out? I can't find any articles or news showing that microsoft, razer, logitech, ect... will be coming out with a new gaming mouse any time soon. Does anyone know of any coming out? I want a new mouse for Christmas, but I'm willing to wait till January if I know a neat one will be coming out then.

These are the mice I've been really interested in:

Microsoft sidewinder x8 - I like the size and shape of the mouse, I still need to see this in person. I like the fact it can be wired or wireless, and a charge lasts 30 hours. Response time of 1ms.
Razer Mamba - I like the shape and size of the mouse, pro that it is wired or wireless, but people seem to be saying the battery is dead after 10 months. Response time of 1ms.

I love the look of the logitech 9x, but my hand is too big and when I saw it in person I knew it wasn't going to be a good fit.

Logitech G500 is ok, but I need a few more bells and whistles.

Cyborgs are just too bulky.

Steelseries are too bland.

So yeah, I've narrowed it down to the sidewinder or mamba, I'd love to hear feedback on those 2. ALSO, if anyone has any info on any new gaming mice coming out that'd be great to hear!

Solution
I absolutely love my Mamba, and have no complaints so far. I have not had it for 10 months, but I highly recommend it, along with the Razer Destructor mousepad, which greatly improves tracking.

kerryking

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
I absolutely love my Mamba, and have no complaints so far. I have not had it for 10 months, but I highly recommend it, along with the Razer Destructor mousepad, which greatly improves tracking.

Solution

riccardi50

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010

The Deathadder respawn is nice, but for me, money isn't an issue. So if I'm going to get a deathadder, then I might as well get the mamba. I do have big hands. I can palm a basketball pretty easily.

Siyat

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010
Deathadder is flat out awsome and the macro keys on it don't hinder my gaming nor productivity. Not to super expensive either.

Some stores like Best Buy tend to have a opened box mouse so you can get the "feel" of it.

riccardi50

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010

Yeah, I like the look of the deathadder, but again, I can afford the Mamba, so there's no point in me getting the Deathadder.

riccardi50

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010

I played with the g500 some. And hold it held in the hand was great. Though, I didn't like the positioning of the buttons on the side. Also, I didn't like how the main 2 buttons didn't extend all the way to the end of the mouse, but rather had an edge they died into. Finally, I like a bit more fight in the main 2 buttons as I kept accidentally pushing them.

victordilorenzo

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008

ah, let us know what you end up with and how it is.

riccardi50

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
I play mmos and ffs. I appreciate the input on the naga, though, I don't really need the number pad on the mouse. I like the sidewinder x8 and mamba because its ideal for ffs, but at the same time, I have just enough buttons for mmo.

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Try the CoolerMaster Sentinel Advanced. I'm loving it! Here's the mouse:

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2951

Here's a review:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/cooler-master-sentinel-advance-mouse-review-test/

I've been using it for a while and its really comfy! Plus, I love the feature where you can customize exactly how sensitive you want the mouse to be. You can set your own horizontal/ vertical sensitivity and not be limited to 3 variations. On the minor side, the light effects are awesome! Never had a mouse with its own headlights! :D

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Aah, sorry...I should have read that in the OP. :)

In my recent hunt for a gaming mouse, I too was keen on getting a wireless/ wired hybrid. I tried using one of them Logitech wireless mice and got pretty irritated with the battery changing and the constant lag/ abrupt shutting down owing to the connectivity issues.

However, if hybrid is a must have, I'd recommend the Razer Mamba....that would've been 'my' second choice if not the Sentinel. It's a brilliant mouse with some good reviews.

http://www.testfreaks.com/mice/razer-mamba/

http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/razer-mamba/4505-3148_7-33625723.html

I also agree that the Razer Naga has waaay too many buttons on it, which could prove to be rather bugging.

Status
Not open for further replies.