Any read Tom's book on increasing 66Mhz FSB to 100

chrisojeda

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have never purchased Tom's book. It is simply too outdated at this point. In the add for his book it states "
Which motherboards should you buy, and how can you speed yours up? Tom tells which motherboards are the best, and even shows you how to turn your 66MHz Slot 1 CPU into a 100MHz CPU with one easy modification! (Would you believe with only a dab of nail polish?)"

Does anyone know how to do this? I have an old PC with a 66 Mhz FSB. I'd love to get it up to 100 Mhz.

Chris

G

Its on the site somewhere, i have read it in the past. dopnt recall how it was done thow .. but it must be in the archives..

good luck in finding it

Hey man i dont know .. i just think i do !!

G

I was into this for a wheel. It was hard at first but then it became way too easy.

You can easily change the default CPU FSB and Voltage by simply blocking some pins on the CPU and prevent them from conducting current!!

Simply?? Easily!! There is nothing simple in, at least not at first. The problem is that you need something that doesn’t conduct current, can be easily removed if needed, but most importantly doesn’t go out by it self.

At first I’ve tried Nail polish… To bad it will be scratched out too easily. You must be very careful when install the CPU in the Slot, & usually if you take it out you will need to repaint it again.

Then I’ve tried tape, it is too bad. Forget about it. It will slip away as soon as you put it in the slot.

I was desperate when I even tried to cut the pins, and resoldering them. (I’ve tested on damaged CPU). After a wheel it became applicable but I didn’t like the look of my test subject, so I was unhappy about doing it to mine.

Only then it came to me. The easiest way, the reliable way, and one that can be removed when needed. I’ve used Correction Fluid Pen!! Only four lines gave me a 100FSB & 2.2 Volts. Any one can paint those line, you do not need to be accurate or anything. It does not go off easily (I’ve removed the CPU and reinstalled it again about ten times now).

Here is some info about Slot-1 CPUs pins:
The pin you need to block in order to get 100FSB is B21.
To get 2.2 Volt: A121, B119, and A119.
A pins are on the Front side, and B pins on the Backside.

Be careful, do some testing first on a mobo that give Voltage readings. When I was testing I have accidentally run my CPU @3.4 Volts which is very very bad.

Be careful when counting. Counting wrong on the backside may get you a nice 3.0V!!