MY TREO 600 HAS PRL 50182 INSTEAD OF 50183

Last response: in Network Providers
September 17, 2004 6:43:44 PM

I just switched from a Kyocera 7135 which had many problems. As a matter of
fact, I went through seven of them, but, that is another story. I got a
Treo 600 yesterday and had it activated, it shows a PRL of 50182. I did the
*228 business several times and it still has the 50182 PRL. I went by my
local Verizon store and asked about it. The tech guy didn't have a clue,
so, he call somebody at Verizon tech support and was advised that all the
Treo 600 have a PRL of 50182. I would like a better answer. Does anybody
have a better answer?

September 18, 2004 12:46:14 AM

x-no-archive:yes From: "Bill Gourley" bg1811@comcast.net
>Date: 9/17/2004 3:43 PM Eastern Standard Time
"I just switched from a Kyocera 7135 which had many problems. As a matter of
fact, I went through seven of them, but, that is another story. I got a Treo
600 yesterday and had it activated, it shows a PRL of 50182. I did the *228
business several times and it still has the 50182 PRL. I went by my local
Verizon store and asked about it. The tech guy didn't have a clue, so, he call
somebody at Verizon tech support and was advised that all the Treo 600 have a
PRL of 50182. I would like a better answer. Does anybody
have a better answer?..."

Wow, it's amazing that some VZW tech employees don't know this!!
50182 is the same as 50183, except it is for "non-ERI'" capable phones.
"ERI" is the ability for the phone to display the words "Extended Network"
instead of just "roam" with a triangle icon. Not all phones are ERI capable
(Enhanced Roaming Indicator).
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 12:46:15 AM

Hey, thanks. I had noticed that my phone displayed "roaming" when the
triangle was flashing. I guess that answers two questions.

!