A7V BIOS 1005a or 1005.3E

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Neither, I am staying with 1004 until they fix a few things. But if I had to make a choice, I would pick the 1005a, it has a lot of problems but a lot less than the beta.
I have heard there are problems with everything from USB to ATA100 and even SB Live.
Hopefully, the next bios will fix all of these things and maybe even decrease the CPU temp. My system is completely stable and I have no problems what so ever. The next bios would have to be really impressive and problem-free for me to take the risk of flashing a perfectly working system.

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I went ahead and installed the 1005a version. I had to re-enable the virus boot detection to get the HD to be recognized properly but no other glitches so far.

I also re-enabled the AGP fast write and it seems to be working too but I haven't tested all my games yet.
I will let you know.

:cool: James

G

I've been bitching about my a7v everywhere I go. But "magento" suggested the 1005e bios. So I put it on today and I haven't had a crash yet. It looks like this is the best performance of my motherboard yet. So I vote for the 1005e. Just beware of the "disk not found Insert system disk"??? or whatever message you get when you boot up. Don't worry about it - just press enter and continue.

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have been using 1005a without any problems.
You can get rid of the error message "disk not found insert system disk" by enabling boot virus detection.

:cool: James