Please help...getting cd emulation msg right off the bat??

Archived from groups: alt.games.doom,alt.games.doom.binaries,alt.games.doom.newplayers (More info?)

I installed the game and the patch....but each time I click on the desktop
icon , it brings up the creature guy pic then sits there for about 20
seconds then up pops a msg that says "cd/dvd emulation software
detected...blah blah blah"

I have the cd in the drive and have not emulated this game at all....any
suggestions greatly appreciated.
Tom
4 answers Last reply
More about please help getting emulation
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom,alt.games.doom.binaries,alt.games.doom.newplayers (More info?)

    On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:11:25 +0000, Tom Peach wrote:

    > I installed the game and the patch....but each time I click on the desktop
    > icon , it brings up the creature guy pic then sits there for about 20
    > seconds then up pops a msg that says "cd/dvd emulation software
    > detected...blah blah blah"
    >
    > I have the cd in the drive and have not emulated this game at all....any
    > suggestions greatly appreciated.

    Read the message again. It says emulation *software* detected, not
    "emulated this game". I'd say you need to uninstall that lamer cheater
    bullshit software you've got installed, and things might work.

    Linux Registered User #327951
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    "Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:11:25 +0000, Tom Peach wrote:
    >
    > > I installed the game and the patch....but each time I click on the
    desktop
    > > icon , it brings up the creature guy pic then sits there for about 20
    > > seconds then up pops a msg that says "cd/dvd emulation software
    > > detected...blah blah blah"
    > >
    > > I have the cd in the drive and have not emulated this game at
    all....any
    > > suggestions greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Read the message again. It says emulation *software* detected, not
    > "emulated this game". I'd say you need to uninstall that lamer cheater
    > bullshit software you've got installed, and things might work.
    >
    > --
    > If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
    > Linux Registered User #327951

    Ummmm... I have Alcohol120 installed dude...its hardly a cheat...but fyi I
    tried uninstalling that and still got the same msg.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom,alt.games.doom.newplayers (More info?)

    > I installed the game...

    What game? Doom 1? Doom 2? Doom 3?

    > and the patch....

    What patch?

    > but each time I click on the desktop icon...

    This would not happen to a version of Windows, would it?
    Windows 95?
    Windows 98? Second Edition?
    Windows NT 4.0?
    Windows ME?
    Windows 2000?
    Windows XP?
    Which Service Pack, if any?

    >.... , it brings up the creature guy pic then sits there for about 20
    > seconds then up pops a msg that says "cd/dvd emulation software
    > detected...blah blah blah"

    > I have the cd in the drive and have not emulated this game at all....any
    > suggestions greatly appreciated.

    Post more information.

    Stephen Howe
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom,alt.games.doom.newplayers (More info?)

    "Stephen Howe" <sjhoweATdialDOTpipexDOTcom> wrote in message
    > > I installed the game...
    >
    > What game? Doom 1? Doom 2? Doom 3?
    >
    > > and the patch....
    >
    > What patch?
    >
    > > but each time I click on the desktop icon...
    >
    > This would not happen to a version of Windows, would it?
    > Windows 95?
    > Windows 98? Second Edition?
    > Windows NT 4.0?
    > Windows ME?
    > Windows 2000?
    > Windows XP?
    > Which Service Pack, if any?
    >
    > >.... , it brings up the creature guy pic then sits there for about 20
    > > seconds then up pops a msg that says "cd/dvd emulation software
    > > detected...blah blah blah"
    >
    > > I have the cd in the drive and have not emulated this game at
    all....any
    > > suggestions greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Post more information.
    >
    > Stephen Howe

    Srry...its doom 3 and its the latest patch on the ID site...forget the
    version # , I am running win xp pro and I believe I have windows service
    pack 2

Games CD-Rom Emulation Video Games