Please help...getting cd emulation msg right off the bat??

Archived from groups: alt.games.doom,alt.games.doom.binaries,alt.games.doom.newplayers (More info?)

I installed the game and the patch....but each time I click on the desktop
icon , it brings up the creature guy pic then sits there for about 20
seconds then up pops a msg that says "cd/dvd emulation software
detected...blah blah blah"

I have the cd in the drive and have not emulated this game at all....any
suggestions greatly appreciated.
Tom

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:11:25 +0000, Tom Peach wrote:

> I installed the game and the patch....but each time I click on the desktop
> icon , it brings up the creature guy pic then sits there for about 20
> seconds then up pops a msg that says "cd/dvd emulation software
> detected...blah blah blah"
>
> I have the cd in the drive and have not emulated this game at all....any
> suggestions greatly appreciated.

Read the message again. It says emulation *software* detected, not
"emulated this game". I'd say you need to uninstall that lamer cheater
bullshit software you've got installed, and things might work.

Linux Registered User #327951

"Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:11:25 +0000, Tom Peach wrote:
>
> > I installed the game and the patch....but each time I click on the
desktop
> > icon , it brings up the creature guy pic then sits there for about 20
> > seconds then up pops a msg that says "cd/dvd emulation software
> > detected...blah blah blah"
> >
> > I have the cd in the drive and have not emulated this game at
all....any
> > suggestions greatly appreciated.
>
> Read the message again. It says emulation *software* detected, not
> "emulated this game". I'd say you need to uninstall that lamer cheater
> bullshit software you've got installed, and things might work.
>
> --
> If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
> Linux Registered User #327951

Ummmm... I have Alcohol120 installed dude...its hardly a cheat...but fyi I
tried uninstalling that and still got the same msg.

Archived from groups: alt.games.doom,alt.games.doom.newplayers (More info?)

> I installed the game...

What game? Doom 1? Doom 2? Doom 3?

> and the patch....

What patch?

> but each time I click on the desktop icon...

This would not happen to a version of Windows, would it?
Windows 95?
Windows 98? Second Edition?
Windows NT 4.0?
Windows ME?
Windows 2000?
Windows XP?
Which Service Pack, if any?

>.... , it brings up the creature guy pic then sits there for about 20
> seconds then up pops a msg that says "cd/dvd emulation software
> detected...blah blah blah"

> I have the cd in the drive and have not emulated this game at all....any
> suggestions greatly appreciated.

Post more information.

Stephen Howe

stan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Stephen Howe" <sjhoweATdialDOTpipexDOTcom> wrote in message
> > I installed the game...
>
> What game? Doom 1? Doom 2? Doom 3?
>
> > and the patch....
>
> What patch?
>
> > but each time I click on the desktop icon...
>
> This would not happen to a version of Windows, would it?
> Windows 95?
> Windows 98? Second Edition?
> Windows NT 4.0?
> Windows ME?
> Windows 2000?
> Windows XP?
> Which Service Pack, if any?
>
> >.... , it brings up the creature guy pic then sits there for about 20
> > seconds then up pops a msg that says "cd/dvd emulation software
> > detected...blah blah blah"
>
> > I have the cd in the drive and have not emulated this game at
all....any
> > suggestions greatly appreciated.
>
> Post more information.
>
> Stephen Howe

Srry...its doom 3 and its the latest patch on the ID site...forget the
version # , I am running win xp pro and I believe I have windows service
pack 2