What would qualify as emulation software??

As I stated in my other post... I am getting this msg when I try to start
the game. cd/dvd emulation software detected...something to the effect of
disable and try again.
Contrary to what DanC might think , I have no cheats of any sort on my
comp. I did remove Alcohol 120 but with the same result. Are there any other
programs that might cause this??
Thanx guys and gals.
Tom

On 4/26/2005 2:59 PM Tom Peach brightened our day with:

> As I stated in my other post... I am getting this msg when I try to start
>the game. cd/dvd emulation software detected...something to the effect of
>disable and try again.
> Contrary to what DanC might think , I have no cheats of any sort on my
>comp. I did remove Alcohol 120 but with the same result. Are there any other
>programs that might cause this??
> Thanx guys and gals.
> Tom

Do you have Nero, could be "nero image drive".
If you really want to do a thorough check, go to Device Manager (Control
Panel>System>Hardware), click the View menu and check "show hidden
devices". Then look through non-plug and play devices for something
like an extra funky scsi driver. A lot of the listings will be clear
others won't, you could be even more thorough searching the internet to
find out what the non-obvious devices are. You might not find the
emulator but you'll learn something about your system.
This may sound like an odd suggestion but you might want to go buy the
expansion pack, resurrection of evil, the patch included with that
removes the CD check, which if there weren't a cd check probably
wouldn't care if there were cd emulation software present.
Or wait until the 1.3 patch comes out, should be soon.

--
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

stan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> On 4/26/2005 2:59 PM Tom Peach brightened our day with:
>
> > As I stated in my other post... I am getting this msg when I try to
start
> >the game. cd/dvd emulation software detected...something to the effect of
> >disable and try again.
> > Contrary to what DanC might think , I have no cheats of any sort on my
> >comp. I did remove Alcohol 120 but with the same result. Are there any
other
> >programs that might cause this??
> > Thanx guys and gals.
> > Tom
> >

> Do you have Nero, could be "nero image drive".
> If you really want to do a thorough check, go to Device Manager (Control
> Panel>System>Hardware), click the View menu and check "show hidden
> devices". Then look through non-plug and play devices for something
> like an extra funky scsi driver. A lot of the listings will be clear
> others won't, you could be even more thorough searching the internet to
> find out what the non-obvious devices are. You might not find the
> emulator but you'll learn something about your system.
> This may sound like an odd suggestion but you might want to go buy the
> expansion pack, resurrection of evil, the patch included with that
> removes the CD check, which if there weren't a cd check probably
> wouldn't care if there were cd emulation software present.
> Or wait until the 1.3 patch comes out, should be soon.
>

> --
> People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without
warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from
nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and
cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com

Tried that too....thanx Inglo, but still no go :-(
I don't appear to have any funky files. I'll keep trying to find a
solution, thanks for the effort guys.

TRENDING THREADS