Internet Printing Protocol w/ 250m

Has anyone had any luck using IPP over the 250m? I've got two all-in-ones
that I am trying to access this way (D145 & 7130) Thanks.

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 11:10:54 -0500, John I <johnball1@comcast.net> wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck using IPP over the 250m? I've got two all-in-ones
> that I am trying to access this way (D145 & 7130) Thanks.

It is not clear from any of the 250m literature what all print protocols
it supports. It undoubtedly supports JetDirect, EtherTalk and LPD
protocols (not sure what DLC/LLC is), but it does not mention IPP.

If you are using something like cups in Linux that normally uses ipp, it
can print to a printserver using lpd://printserver_name_or_IP/queuename

If you actually want to scan/fax from one of these, you would need to see
if HP has software for that over a network. We can network scan from our
OfficeJet G85 on JetDirect 175x. But for PCs that just print to it, we
just set up a "local" TCP port in XP and use a suitable native XP printer
driver.