Can't get Knights of the Old Republic to play on my ASUS G73

I am trying to play Knights of the Old Republic on My ASUS G73, ATI Mobility Radeon 5870, 8 gb of ram, and a 500 gb hard drive running on Windows 7 home premium edition. I can play any new game on ultra but when it comes to playing KOTOR through Steam apparently I am asking way too much from life. Please someone help me.
4 answers Last reply
More about knights republic play asus
  1. Would you elaborate on Steam has a $5 version of KOTOR and it works?
  2. My version worked on vista. Don't think I needed to do anything to get it to work but perhaps you could try checking if the correct compatability mode is on in case it needs that.
  3. I hope Bill Gates goes to hell for not having Microsoft invest in better backwards compatibility for operating systems, that is just being lazy. But after reinstalling steam and KOTOR I can get if to work with only a few issues/failed loadings
  4. dukesnugglez said:
    I hope Bill Gates goes to hell for not having Microsoft invest in better backwards compatibility for operating systems, that is just being lazy.

Easy thing to ask, very difficult thing to do. Everyone criticizes Microsoft for being boring and not innovating, and every time they try to innovate and do something different, the same people throw their toys out the cot because their floppy disk game from 1978 won't work anymore.

By the way, you never gave any detailed information on the specific error messages etc you encountered when trying to launch the game.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Asus Mobility Radeon Video Games