Sign in with
Your question

GTA4 Shadow Problems.

Last response: in Video Games
December 2, 2010 1:34:48 AM

Hi guys. just having a few problems with the shadows in GTA4. cant find any other info on this stuff-up so i guess its unique to my PC.

There seems to be a invisible "box" type thing around my character at all times... while on foot and in cars. Its pretty small, maybe a meter or two around the character ingame. Anyway everything inside this box has a normal shadow. but when other cars drive out of the box the shadow underneath it turns to crap! only shows half the shadow, gaps in the shadow etc.

When cars drive out of the box i can see the good shadow turn to crap untill its completely out.

heres my pc:
EVGA X58 SLI 3 Intel X58 i7 DDR3 ATX USB 3.0 SATA 3/6G (131-GT-E767-TR)
Intel Core i7 950 Nehalem 3.06GHz 8MB 1333MHz LGA1366
OCZ Intel Extreme Series 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3-1600 CL8
EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX480 1536MB GDDR5 PCI-E
Microsoft Windows 7 OEM Home Premium 64Bit

I run everything around high / veryhigh and have tried taking the settings down but it doesnt work.

Ive seen other screenshots and all shadows under cars from a distance look fine so i cant figure out whats causing this..

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

More about : gta4 shadow problems

December 2, 2010 12:40:19 PM

Well, maybe with shadow off, it will eliminate the prob, but wont look good w/o shadows..
Therefore, try using the latest patch for gta 4, checking you have all the latest drivers..
I think patch 1.0.70 is out, get it.
m
l
December 7, 2010 3:23:29 AM

GTA 4 has been one of the biggest disappointments of my physical life.
m
l
December 7, 2010 1:07:53 PM

hello oterd,
Latest patch i.e: 1.0.7 will surely terminate this problem.
I have seen difference after the application of latest patch.
It will give good textures good light effects etc.
By the way with respect to your system configurations it should not be done but try the latest patch.
Best of Luck.
m
l
!