Bad Company 2 lagging and slight warping even Offline

mokomaki

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
First of all heres my hardware:
Athlon II x4 @ 3.1ghz
2GB DDR3 1333mhz (Win XP and only 1.5gb total in use while playing)
Palit GT 220 512mb DDR2 overclocked.

Im playing the game on all medium with no AA or AF at 1600x1200.
Code:
[WindowSettings]
Width=1600
Height=1200
Fullscreen=true
RefreshRate=60
VSync=false
[Sound]
Quality=medium
VoipEnable=true
SpeakerCount=0
[Graphics]
Effects=medium
Soldiers=medium
Vehicles=medium
Overgrowth=medium
Undergrowth=medium
StaticObjects=medium
Terrain=medium
Shadows=medium
Bloom=true
HSAO=false
MSAA=0
Water=medium
MainQuality=custom
Texture=medium
DxVersion=9
Aniso=0
Detail=medium
RenderAheadLimit=0
Fov=55

The game runs at totally fine fps. But still it kind of slutters and feels very laggy when moving. but when im standing still and i fire it doesnt lag at all. This happens online and offline. What could be causing it?
Putting the settings on all low and 1024x768 doesnt help either.

My real life friend plays perfectly fine on the same settings (1680x1020) on the following hardware:
Pentium E5200 @ 2.5ghz
4GB DDR2 800mhz (Hes using Windows 7 so using more RAM)
GT 220

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
If you still lag while all settings are low then your hardware is not the problem..trying updating your drivers maybe reinstalling the game and if all fails try formating your computer

psychophat

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
Was this the initial outcome after installation or was it happy days then this came all of a sudden?

- Do you have any AV
- Did you try disabling AV then doing a play test
- Is Vsync forced on or application-controlled
- Have you tried both Vsync with Triple-Buffering on
- Have you tried Vsync off
- Have you tried clearing out other resources
- Terminate some applications in memory then play test

Yes as k1ash3r advised update the drivers also try reinstalling the game. But I would not recommend formatting yet it should be the last resort but if you will take the course do not install anything else aside from drivers then the game then do a play test with the same settings. If it runs fine your issue is with a software on your system or on occasions your AV or malware.

Eventually its an elimination process that can isolate the problem and evidently fix it.

Fokissed

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Usually when changing the settings doesn't affect performance its the CPU or RAM. My guess is not enough RAM. (RAM is used as a swap for the VRAM, don't think it shows up as memory used, at least by the program in question).

mokomaki

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
Not sure about the GPU my friend has. It came with a shitty prebuilt HP system with the E5200.

About the RAM. Im using 512mb of my RAM as VRAM. so thats only 1.5GB left for BC2..

mokomaki

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
Was this the initial outcome after installation or was it happy days then this came all of a sudden?

- Do you have any AV
- Did you try disabling AV then doing a play test
- Is Vsync forced on or application-controlled
- Have you tried both Vsync with Triple-Buffering on
- Have you tried Vsync off
- Have you tried clearing out other resources
- Terminate some applications in memory then play test

Yes as k1ash3r advised update the drivers also try reinstalling the game. But I would not recommend formatting yet it should be the last resort but if you will take the course do not install anything else aside from drivers then the game then do a play test with the same settings. If it runs fine your issue is with a software on your system or on occasions your AV or malware.

Eventually its an elimination process that can isolate the problem and evidently fix it.
Avira Antivir.
Tried with Vsync on and off. No result. And its application controlled.
All my drivers are up to date. And no im not going to reformat my computer since i only got this up and running one week ago. So this is kind of a fresh install. And yes the game always was like this.