Last response: in Video Games

MW2 v Black Ops Multiplayer

Total: 7 votes (3 blank votes)

• MonderWarefare 2
  • 25 %
  • Black Ops
  • 75 %
December 3, 2010 7:28:14 PM

Hey everyone, I'm building a game PC and just want to know if I should buy black Ops or MW2? I can only afford 1 right now.
Things to factor in:
* Vote for which one has better online play and is more fun Online, don't factor in Campaign. You can sway your vote for graphics as well because looks do matter :D 

More about : buy mw2 black ops

December 4, 2010 5:36:52 AM

Go for Modern Warfare 2. Black Ops has a load of glitches on the PC. Plus, MW2 has great graphics and the gameplay is also brilliant! A definite must-have for any FPS enthu.
December 4, 2010 7:28:54 AM

They have fixed most of the glitches for the PC (not all but most), but Black Ops supports dedicated servers. You have a PC, support dedicated servers by only getting the games that have them.

That said MW2 had an amazing single player, and I don't know about BO.

*edit* Corrected a minor typo :D 
Related resources
December 4, 2010 6:02:01 PM

I have played MW2 on XBOX360, well I have it. But I haven't seen and/or played BO at all.
From what I've read BO has cartoonish looking multiplayer.
December 4, 2010 6:10:02 PM

I have both - I prefer the BattleField games much more than the COD set. The BattleField games appear to be more glitch free - have vehicles you can fly/operate - have more strategy that the COD games
December 4, 2010 7:37:53 PM

^thank you for the other option.
In the beginning I plan on getting the Crysis pack and 1cod game.
Since you have both which out of the COD games do you prefer?
December 4, 2010 7:48:50 PM

COD sucks Battlefield bad company 2 is better.
December 5, 2010 10:37:50 AM

Black ops for sure.It has a MUCH better singleplayer campaign,guns feel more realistic(one shot from a pistol kills all unarmored ),it has a larger variety of battlefields,it is much more difficult to complete than mw2 and it has a more interesting storyline and oh s%#t moments.
December 5, 2010 11:35:02 AM

^he specifically stated that he didn't care about campaign. Go for B-O... you will have some fun with the new gametypes and the points system... the ded servers is a plus also. Finally, B-O zombies gives it a lot of re-playability if you're into that gametype.
December 5, 2010 11:42:48 AM

Martin 71 said:
^he specifically stated that he didn't care about campaign. Go for B-O... you will have some fun with the new gametypes and the points system... the ded servers is a plus also. Finally, B-O zombies gives it a lot of re-playability if you're into that gametype.

^right...my mistake.Still I stand by bo due to it being newer and more original.Zombies are great fun if you happen to find good teammates.
December 5, 2010 3:18:09 PM

Black ops for sure.
MW2 = shitty unbalanced MP + lag due to matchmaking.

Anyone who says mw2 is better probably haven't played black ops.
December 5, 2010 3:38:52 PM

thanks guys. I'll be getting BO then. Hope it doesn't let me down!
December 6, 2010 1:03:41 PM

thanks for the heads up, i'll be getting an i5 760 or xeon x3440 so no problem.
December 8, 2010 11:55:16 PM

cacoulte said:
no it doesnt.
it can use a daul core

see?

that's great, have fun playing it at 12 fps!!! It needs a quad to play right, otherwise it's buggy and laggy... it uses 100% of my phenom 2 965 @ 3.8ghz
!