  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
a b α HP
March 7, 2005 5:16:25 PM

I have an IBM optical mouse with USB connection. I am working on a
Dell Demension 8100 PC which has an upgrade to Windows XP home version.
The mouse has an illuminated wheel, and as XP boots up I can see the
mouse light up very dim for about a second, then it goes back off and
the won't function. If I unplug it from the USB port and plug it back
in it works fine. Anyone know of a fix to make it come on and stay on
at bootup?

More about : optical mouse work startup

Anonymous
a b α HP
March 8, 2005 2:54:08 AM

Check for drivers on the IBM web site? Ask the same question in the
alt.sys.pc-clone.dell newsgroup? HP owners generally have little experience
with Dell computers or IBM optical mice... Ben Myers

On 7 Mar 2005 14:16:25 -0800, "scottirv" <scottirv@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have an IBM optical mouse with USB connection. I am working on a
>Dell Demension 8100 PC which has an upgrade to Windows XP home version.
> The mouse has an illuminated wheel, and as XP boots up I can see the
>mouse light up very dim for about a second, then it goes back off and
>the won't function. If I unplug it from the USB port and plug it back
>in it works fine. Anyone know of a fix to make it come on and stay on
>at bootup?

Anonymous
a b α HP
March 10, 2005 2:30:25 AM

I have the same problem with my hp pavilion ze4900!

Any other suggestions?

!