AMD Moves Up New CPU, Graphics Chips for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEfog101

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
Ahhhhh..... finally intel will have a fight on their hands again, this way we can all see improvements on both sides of the field as the fight for market domination wakens from its slumber

rohitbaran

Distinguished
I also read that nVidia is planning to launch a dual GTX 460 card to reclaim the complete performance crown. Well, they better be quick or after SI launches, their card will probably be creamed by it.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
[citation][nom]stevee jobs[/nom]amd sucks[/citation]
Well, their CPUs aren't the best, but they offer some value in the lower segment and keep some restraint on Intel from charging ridiculous amounts for their products. In the graphics area, if you say AMD sucks, you aren't updated.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
[citation][nom]shaun_shaun[/nom]I hope this upcoming AMD DX11 integrated GPU is better..because I m fed up with these intel integrated CRAPS !!!![/citation]
ATI doesn't make integrated GPUs for Intel anymore.

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
ok so amd already has a full line of dx11 cards up nvidia is just barely getting their cards out the door, now amd is already putting out a new set of cards... I'm glad nvidia has them beat for volume and battery life on laptops otherwise they might not be doing so well.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
These wont be a true new series. They integrate some of the new features that the "northen-islands" will bring along with some of the traits of the 5000 series. I read that ATI is expecting to get 10-30% performance on the 480 with their new 6000 card. ATI has also confermed that they are going to make a double chip card

rohitbaran

Distinguished
[citation][nom]gellert[/nom]These wont be a true new series. They integrate some of the new features that the "northen-islands" will bring along with some of the traits of the 5000 series.[/citation]
Doesn't that feel like the child is coming before the parents! :p

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Sounds good and all.. but where are all the games?
All this hardware is great.. but so far i have only seen a few games slated for pc that will push these cards. Seems like more choices in graphics cards than games to play on them.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
[citation][nom]jtt283[/nom]I want to see ~HD5750-HD5770 level performance with no power connector needed; for less than $100.[/citation]
You cannot have your cake and eat it too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.