WoW budget Computer Help - will it run?

brightlumieres

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
I understand that this computer setup WILL run world of warcraft however i was wondering if anybody would know the kind of results i would expect to get from it? im only a student and as such have little money to spend on a computer so i want to keep it as low as possible. also i understand i would need to purchase a graphics card with it. what one would u suggest? i like to play wow, watch videos, school work (duh), and some other games but not top of the line...oh and of course surfing the web. i appreaciate any feedback :)

here is the link to the setup itself: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7010507&CatId=5205

however if u r lazy, here are the specs:

Motherboard: ECS H55H-CM
CPU: Intel Core i3 540 Processor
Ram: Corsair CMX4GX3M1A1333C9 XMS3 4GB DDR3 RAM
PSU: 450w (duno the manufacturer)
HDD: Seagate ST31000520AS Barracuda LP
Case: PowerUp ATX Black Mid-T Case

BTW: not expecting ultra setting at 1980x1080, just decent specs at a good frame rate (>30fps)

psychophat

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
Nvidia 9600 GT or ATI 4670 are both quite cheap you may consider either of those two or upper model cards that would still fit your budget. If your hesitant and feel it's a bit expensive you may go 1-to-2 models down from the two mentioned and you'll get a much more cheaper video card that can still perform to what you are expecting.

TIP: What you'll be looking for is bandwidth size vs memory, more memory is okay but more bandwidth means no-lag-no-stutter or better video processing performance.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
I have a dedicated WoW box downstairs that will be a year old this Christmas - Phenom II X2 550, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD 5770 - running 1080p on my 50" plasma.

Even with the new graphics updates in Cataclysm I still get 45-60fps, so I'd strongly recommend getting a 5770 as they're pretty cheap now. Not sure if WoW benefits from Crossfire, but in the future (when the 5770s are REALLY cheap) you can drop another one in and you're flying.