Good Enough?

chaosfactor88

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
Hello,
i'm looking to buy a new laptop and although it is not a must, i would like to be able to play some games on it, namely fallout: new vegas. obviously i don't know anything about computers, but would this setup suffice to run it on at least medium settings without too much lag or freezing?

Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-460M Dual Core Processor (2.53 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz. Graphics card - 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5470 switchable graphics [HDMI, VGA]. Memory - 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm). Hard drive - 500GB 7200RPM

psychophat

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
You'll be safe as long as the system your inclined to purchase can handle Fallout New Vegas "recommended" system requirements or more than that.

Do not fall prey that it passes the "minimum" system requirements because you'll eventually encounter what your avoiding and you'll regret it in the end.

BTW: If in the case your force to get something that didn't match your ideals. You may consider adding community MODs and tweaking the ini of FNV (Fallout New Vegas) as your solution. There are a lot of MODs that minimize stress on the system from texture to gameplay changes that'll possibly give you your ideal no-lag-no-glitch system and still be on budget.

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010

Well, I would recommend on buying a more powerful laptop for gaming..
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com
Use the link provided above, and choose fall new vegas, it will run a test, check your results..

TRENDING THREADS