RIGGS

core 2 quad q8400
3 GB ram
160 GB Hard disj
HD 4850 VGA

Should i run xp or windows 7 for better gaming please help me,

Is there a big performance difference in Xp more than windows 7

Solution

Lets just say its the future of XP the one that you'll upgrade to if your a true pc gamer. The difference are from stability, better file system, better processing, security, better capitalization on new technologies like new hardware and it's perks and a whole bunch of nice aesthetics compared to XP.

REF: Microsoft OS's that didn't suck (excuse my french) for gaming Win98 SE > WinXP Pro 32-bit > Win7 Ultimate 32-bit

Until such time that the games being developed goes 64-bit assembly language, 32-bit is still the king of the hill.

Yes you are correct but still it's not for gaming...

psychophat

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
Yes, go with Windows 7 if plan to add more ram get the 4GB ram patch it makes your 32-bit operating system use all memory upto 64GB, like those 64-bit operating system just without the 64-bit hassles when it comes to drivers and old games.

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010

yes, windows 7 is more efficient and better than xp, in terms of performance, updates, looks... I was also reluctant to leave my xp, but now i dont even bother looking at xp.
Go for windows 7

psychophat

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010

Lets just say its the future of XP the one that you'll upgrade to if your a true pc gamer. The difference are from stability, better file system, better processing, security, better capitalization on new technologies like new hardware and it's perks and a whole bunch of nice aesthetics compared to XP.

REF: Microsoft OS's that didn't suck (excuse my french) for gaming Win98 SE > WinXP Pro 32-bit > Win7 Ultimate 32-bit

Until such time that the games being developed goes 64-bit assembly language, 32-bit is still the king of the hill.

Yes you are correct but still it's not for gaming, I believe you still cling to the 3.5GB cap on 32-bit. I do hope you can try out a Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit with 16GB of ram that games and applications actually use the whole ram load. Then you'll smile too.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS