Activision: We're NOT Charging for Online Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Slightly confused....

If

Since the video's release, Activision, Treyarch and Infinity Ward have released statements assuring gamers that they will never be required to pay a subscription fee to play online.

then how can you say:

But clearly, the company left the doors open to change its plans down the line.

ArgleBargle

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
Much like the promise of Larissa Riquelme to run naked through the streets of Paraguay, to the promised release of Duke Nukem Forever, I anticipate this promise of "never charging for online play" was made only to be broken.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Believe me, if they add subscription fees, they would lose money. You can't compare FPS games to MMO. At least MMORPG games add free content and keep the game interesting..That's a reason to pay monthly, new items, levels whatever. Call of duty? Okay I'm gonna pay monthly and 1/3rd of the players are hackers? They can't even keep the game clean. I'm glad this is just a rumor, otherwise it would be a joke if it were to happen.

Malachi1975

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
Of course Activisioon won't add "fees for online play"! They're making a killing by being THE most aggressively priced DLC on the planet. Why change the forumla when people are dropping $15 for 4 maps on $60 PC games?

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
So wait? Who the **** is Michael Pachter again? Oh an "industry analyst".

Is this guy in anyway associated with activision/IW/treyarch? If so he should be fired for shooting his mouth off.

If not Activision will probably hire him to come up with more money-raking schemes.

[citation][nom]HavoCnMe[/nom]"Wait for it, Wait for it" "We are proud to announce that we will now be charging for online play" -Antivision[/citation]

LOL I could see that happening.

G

After learning my lesson, I will never buy another game that has "Activision" on the cover.

TheDuke

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
[citation][nom]HavoCnMe[/nom]"Wait for it, Wait for it" "We are proud to announce that we will now be charging for online play" -Antivision[/citation]

it'll happen
real sad though. bet you right now they are scheming on how to present it in a good light and trying to figure out how to make fps games seem like mmo's in that paying is essential

dogofwars

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
It's understandable if the game is being update all the time like WoW that you have to pay a monthly fee but for something like MW2 other than the extra maps well, you cannot justify the monthly additional cost.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]dogofwars[/nom]It's understandable if the game is being update all the time like WoW that you have to pay a monthly fee but for something like MW2 other than the extra maps well, you cannot justify the monthly additional cost.[/citation]

How many people out there, though, would gladly fork over the ~$10 a month to play. Sure Activision says they won't be charging, but how easy is it for a company to backtrack on what they have said in the past...they are foaming at the mouth to charge monthly dues. As soon as they feel they can get away with it...

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Computerrock1[/nom]I'll bring my own danm cup then![/citation]

Sorry, Activision Lemon Juice is only compatible with Activision cups. We're not legally allowed to distribute it in any container that is not on our certification list.

G

What happened to those cash-bonuses-- 54 million dollars?! WAIT... What happened to the "FREE" multiplayer online?

G

Since console games use P2P for multiplayer instead of dedicated servers, I cant imagine on what grounds they could justify paying online for, they arent providing any service!

Status
Not open for further replies.