Graphic card for gaming under windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthikalexpandian

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
i have a asus p5n73am,intel dual core 2.5 ghz, 4gb ddr2 ram,320 GB western digital HD
i need a graphic card from nvidia or better;

the games i play:-- uk truck simulator, sims 3,most simulation games with the full effects
(not fsaa,anisotropic filtering;they look different to me).
the operating system is windows 7 enterprise VL .

i need a single card solution; not a sli or cf combination card, my motherboard is not made for that.
my choices are not large i heard of ati hd 4xxx series, nvidia 240 was recommended by a retailer.

the nvidia link was

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] CatId=1483

Each power supply
has a certain wattage based on their maximum output power. Common wattages range from 300W to 500W, although for a high-end gaming power supply wattages of 500W to 800W are common. Some units even go up to 1 kW of wattage, but this amount of power isn't necessary for normal users.

For a typical gaming computer I would recommend at least 500W of power, although you may need more or less depending on your system. It would be wise to research into exactly how much power your various components will require, and then get a power supply with at least that amount of power.

The best PSU that i can suggest is Ultra X4 600-Watt Modular Power Supply with NVIDIA SLI certification. This following motherboard has all the connectors including a PCI- E 6 pin connector for your graphics card. Please visit the following link to check the complete specifications

these are said by nvidia
india

as they recommend this ?.

please speak to the topic and maintain a clear language

:non:

( from any nation and language ).

:sol:

my onboard video ram is 256 mb that drags sims 3,

i tried sbk 2009 it felt like a tonne of bricks carried by a donkey !.

i am from india,a system administrator,

i thank you in advance for listening

have a happy christmas & an impressive new year comrades

;)

Solution
Go with a Nvidia GT 430 or GeForce GT 240 either of these two would be sufficient enough to what you require also they do not cost much. Also you won't need to purchase a true rated or high-wattage PSU. And both of these cards are not full size cards they are medium sized cards which would fit on most chassis without intrusion or blockage to motherboard connectors.

psychophat

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
Go with a Nvidia GT 430 or GeForce GT 240 either of these two would be sufficient enough to what you require also they do not cost much. Also you won't need to purchase a true rated or high-wattage PSU. And both of these cards are not full size cards they are medium sized cards which would fit on most chassis without intrusion or blockage to motherboard connectors.

Solution

karthikalexpandian

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010

:bounce: :sol:

you are ground breaking;

i am eager to know more about the card, any equivalent cards or more powered than this from ATI ?

what company gives the best nvidia video card ? asus,powercolour,gigabyte,msi or what else ?. if possible from both video card manufacturers (nvidia/ati)

psychophat

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
Well in regards to your ATI query the Radeon HD 5570 and the series above it is better the GT 430 but its still your budget vs which model you'll buy. Though if your planning on moving to the next series of cards I would kindly suggest for you to look into getting more power and stable PSU.

With the previous answer in regards to the Nvidia GT 430 or GeForce GT 240 yes only if your using a true rated 300W PSU then you are correct that it's sufficient.

karthikalexpandian

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
fine comrade;
any brands for gt 240 from nvidia---
namely asus,gigabyte,msi,xfx,powercolour
or something which is worth the price i pay
(value for money plus performance optimised) ?.
i am heavily moved by your answer comrade ! .

karthikalexpandian

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010

can i request your recommendations from sapphire ati hd 5xxx series ?.

is there any rules like

sapphire is for ati

evga is for nvidia

i made my mind to go for

evga gt430 1 gb

else

sapphire hd5570 1 gb

your advice is necessary,

thanks for the advice ! .

i am waiting for your response comrade ! .

Status
Not open for further replies.