KT& Raid & Soundblaster problems

BlackWyvern3

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Here is my problem. I have just built me a new computer with a KT7 Raid board, 1.1 ghz athlon, 256 megs of PC 133 ram, Hercules 32 meg GE Force 2 MX graphics board, and SoundBlaster Live! audio card. I can install and get everything running except my soundblaster card. When I install this card, I get to just inside Windows after it has loaded and then my computer freezes up. I take the card out and it boots just fine and is an incredible machine, excpet no sound =(! Is this a common problem with this motherboard/chipset and is there a fix? Also, when ever I power down and let it rest for the night, when I turn it on in the morning I get a black screen at startup and no system responces.. The solution, pulling the plug from the surge protector and restarting it again, this always works and never fails to fully annoy me. Is anybody else having similar problems with this board? I am more concerned about the sound issue

G

What is your powersupply? If you are using anything under 300w, you may not have sufficient power. I have heard the geforce sucks up some watts.

By the way, I just built a 1ghz t-bird on a kt7 with no problems. I am using sblive value but my vidio card is a voodoo 3000.

Hope this helps.

G

Did you try your sound card in another slot? PCI slot 5 shares the irq with the Promise controller. So this slot is probably not a good choice. Also pci slot 1 is likely shared with the agp slot. Also check out that what the Live Ware set up for you in the AUTOEXEC.BAT is correct.

Another thing, make sure you use the correct SB driver cds. One is for Windows 98 and the other is for Windows Me.

G

Ditto! I've got my SB Live! X-Gamer in PCI slot 4 (I think), but I don't load anything but the drivers.

You also might want to check out the KT7 FAQ at:

<A HREF="http://go.to/kt7faq" target="_new">http://go.to/kt7faq</A>

Mike

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Try disabling the SB 16 Emulation in the device manager. You don't need it and it takes up an IRQ and doesn't share. You can boot up in safe mode my pressing the F8 key before booting into Windows. By disabling it, this decreases problems and frees up resources.
And don't install Liveware, just put on the drivers.

TRENDING THREADS