Doom 3 and Windows XP Pro 64 bit

I am getting a new PC to replace this old laptop. It will have Windows XP 64
bit. pre-installed.

Anyone know how well Doom3 plays with Windows XP Pro 64 bit?

I realize Windows XP Pro 64 bit is BRAND NEW but the company I ordered my PC
from http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/ and they have it listed as an option
for OS already.

I bought an AMD 64 3200+ with GeForce 6800.

NVIDIA does have 64 bit drivers on their website.

Any help is appreciated.

Nate wasted my time on 5/1/2005 7:07 PM with the following:
> I am getting a new PC to replace this old laptop. It will have Windows XP 64
> bit. pre-installed.
>
> Anyone know how well Doom3 plays with Windows XP Pro 64 bit?
>
> I realize Windows XP Pro 64 bit is BRAND NEW but the company I ordered my PC
> from http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/ and they have it listed as an option
> for OS already.
>
> I bought an AMD 64 3200+ with GeForce 6800.
>
> NVIDIA does have 64 bit drivers on their website.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

I've heard there are some problems, but there are ways to get around
them (running in 32bit mode).

You might have to get an MSI patch (google for "doom3 msi patch") or use
the manual installation instructions from Activision, but there isn't
any real reason you shouldn't get it working.

Refer to this page for information:

http://www.ntcompatible.com/cdetail11738.html

--
-SnoopJeDi