Left 4 Dead 2 Control Delay

monkeycheeseify

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Hello,
Recently when playing L4D 2 I've noticed a delay in the controls. For example, I press the shoot button, about a second later the gun shoots. This is very annoying when playing on a diffculty such as advanced or expert where your pc and the game must be in sync. I have found no forums or steam groups addressing this issue. I noticed it occuring about 2 weeks ago. To make sure it wasen't my game I played L4D 1, no problems or delays. My pc runs on WIN7 x64 bit system and meets all requirements. If there is anything else I need to tell about my pc or if this problem can be resolved let me know.

acer0169

Distinguished
PC spec?
Average FPS?
What model is your keyboard / mouse?
What drivers are you using for your GPU?
Does this happen in any other games?
Was anything installed or changed when you started noticing this?

monkeycheeseify

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
PC spec: Intel Core i3 CPU M 33 @ 2.13 GHz 2.13 GHz 4.0 GB of RAM (3.80 GB useable)

Average FPS: 128.17

Model of keyboard/ mouse: ELAN PS/2 Port Smart-Pad, HID-compliant mouse, Standard PS/2 keybored

Drivers for GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelrator HD

No, i already mentioned above that this problem does not occure in other games.Nothing else has been installed or changed when this problem occured.

andrern2000

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010

You are sure playing L4D with that? It could be a VGA bottleneck that makes the lag response in smooth frame per sec. I once played CS with AGP 4x smoothly and responsively.
Then, I upgraded to AGP 8x, only to experience delays in response input like that, albeit smooth graphics performance. Then I put back my old AGP 4x, and it s back to smoothness and responsiveness.

The problem I was? The motherboard doesn't support AGP 8x, only AGP 4x max.

Well, perhaps this helps, even if only adding to knowledge...

andrern2000

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Well, my point was maybe it's because of mobo-vga transmission bottleneck. The solution is to buy a graphic card, well 9500GT is enough to handle it.

But please also bear in mind, don't buy a VGA yet. It's just a try-and-error step. If you have a friend, try borrowing his/her VGA first to make sure it's caused by vga transmission.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the game?
are their any other input devices? (joystick) then remove it.
ensure that your antivirus is not scanning.
update your graphic drivers, remember Steam updates L4D2, but you need to update your graphic drivers. Check the L4D2 steam page for recent updates.
If all else fails and if you're married tell your spouse you need a Area-51® ALX Desktop for Christmas, the fate of the world hangs in the balance.