Cata decisions...

beznet

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
So I have not played WoW in years (literally 4 years). I wasnt a really high level then, I think I only hit around 30ish. I want to get into an MMO and figure WoW would be the best choice. Problem in my mind is, everyone is so far ahead of me knowledge wise and level wise that I feel its almost pointless to start playing it.

I guess my real question is, should I stick with WoW or wait for a new upcoming MMO that is going to be decent?

BeefBravo

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Stick with WoW. I've tried other MMOs & for me nothing comes close. With the new expansion basically built around reconfiguring the original continants and the addition of the 2 new races there will be plenty of people starting new toons from scratch. I wouldn't worry about being too far behind. Bliz has also decreased the level requirements for riding skills (including flying) so if you were at 30 4 years ago you wouldn't have had the luxery of a mount (you would now). You also have plenty of time to play "catch up" & level to 85 through Cata (assuming a new expansion would take the average of 2 years before launch).

beznet

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
thanks for that insight beef.

yeah, well im going to tinker around with a few games here and there. Im in one of those stages where I cant decide what game to grab that I can play for a few months. It was cs:s, Aion, cs:s again, LoL, now Im sort of bored with all of that and want to just find something new.

BeefBravo

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Yeah, I went through the same thing after I leveled my 2 toons to 80 during Wrath. Got a bit bored & decided to try a couple if the other games out there. I found them all unsatisfying and boring (Guild Wars in particularly). Ended up just playing WoW. I have to tell you, Cata is awesome! They did a ton of work to the original cities/zones. It's deffinitly the best MMO in my opinion. Graphics are a bit improved too. I'm not a big F.P.S. Guy and I like the in game economy/game mechanics of WoW. I think if you're looking for an MMO to get into then WoW would be the way to go.

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
I just activated Cata after having not played WoW in 1.5 years. WoW has changed over the past years and it is very easy to catch up to everyone. There are welfare (easy) epics everywhere and you can get RICH by getting mining/herbing and selling mats off as you level. Low level mats sell for up to 20g a stack easy since people have so much money and nothing to spend it on aside from power leveling their alts professions. As far as MMOs go, WoW is the most forgiving to new players and allows people to catch up to the curve quickly. New players can have unlimited gold by simply leveling gathering professions, gear is plentiful, if you have friends, they can powerlevel you through instances, etc...

I see from your other game choices you like a wide variety of games. Might I recommend picking up Fallout: New Vegas? It's a very fun game if you like RPGs. You can download mods that turn it more into a FPS type game. For example, I downloaded a mod that increased your damage outside of VATS and made headshots a 1 hit kill with most weapons.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is an AWESOME FPS game. IMO it's best out at the moment. CoD is probably a little better if you like just constant action, but if you prefer tactical side of gameplay, BFBC2 is tops.

TRENDING THREADS