v60s?

i'm thinking of buying a v60s. i would like to hear your pro's and con's.

In article <6dhvk0d365ulh5pdltm3mfis549a8rhn4n@4ax.com>,
AT <TruckerAl@Hotmail.com> wrote:
> >i'm thinking of buying a v60s. i would like to hear your pro's and con's.
> >
> It is the absolutely LEAST powerful of the V60 series, because it
> sacrafices all, and I mean all computer connectivity for a built-in
> "speakerphone."

That statement simply isn't true. I can interface the v60s with my
computer for sync'ing calendar and contacts, as well as for data access,
without a problem.

Perhaps Motorola and Verizon don't officially support it, I'm not sure,
but it can be done quite easily.

I have not noticed that the phone has worse reception than comparable
phones (such as the LG VX4500) that have a stub antenna. The stub
antenna pretty much kills reception on any phone that incorporates one.
I'm not sure why Motorola simply didn't redesign the antenna to make it
into a decent extendable antenna, and I have no idea why LG abandoned
the extendable antenna that they employed on earlier model phones.

JKG

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:47:45 GMT, Jonathan Goodish
<jgoodish@comcast.net> wrote:

>In article <6dhvk0d365ulh5pdltm3mfis549a8rhn4n@4ax.com>,
> AT <TruckerAl@Hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >i'm thinking of buying a v60s. i would like to hear your pro's and con's.
>> >
>> It is the absolutely LEAST powerful of the V60 series, because it
>> sacrafices all, and I mean all computer connectivity for a built-in
>> "speakerphone."
>

>That statement simply isn't true. I can interface the v60s with my
>computer for sync'ing calendar and contacts, as well as for data access,
>without a problem.
>
>Perhaps Motorola and Verizon don't officially support it, I'm not sure,
>but it can be done quite easily.
>

>I have not noticed that the phone has worse reception than comparable
>phones (such as the LG VX4500) that have a stub antenna. The stub
>antenna pretty much kills reception on any phone that incorporates one.
>I'm not sure why Motorola simply didn't redesign the antenna to make it
>into a decent extendable antenna, and I have no idea why LG abandoned
>the extendable antenna that they employed on earlier model phones.
>

>JKG
It has been reported in the forums that you can replace the antenna on
the V60s with a retractable one from a V60i to improve reception. They
are available at Radio Shack for about $10