netgear me102 mac.txt file format

fred

Would some kind soul provide me with an example format of the mac.txt file
for mac filtering please.
The netgear blurb reckons its on the 'resource cd', not for me it isn't.
Also, where do I put the file?
TIA

David

It's just a plain text file with each allowed MAC address on a new line,
such as;

0030AC115AFF
00097BD8018B
00095E31C4E7
00095B889685

and you don't "put" it anyway as such (other than keeping a copy in any
directory where you can get at it when you need to reload it to the AP).
Instead you select the MAC filtering option in the ME102 management software
and you will find an option to upload from text file. Select this option
and then browse to wherever you've stored the plain text file and select it.
The file will then be read and uploaded to the AP.

That's all there is to it.

David.

"fred" <fred@flintstone.com> wrote in message
> Would some kind soul provide me with an example format of the mac.txt file
> for mac filtering please.
> The netgear blurb reckons its on the 'resource cd', not for me it isn't.
> Also, where do I put the file?
> TIA

fred

"David" <mail@home.net> wrote in message
> It's just a plain text file with each allowed MAC address on a new line,
> such as;
>
> 0030AC115AFF
> 00097BD8018B
> 00095E31C4E7
> 00095B889685
>
> and you don't "put" it anyway as such (other than keeping a copy in any
> directory where you can get at it when you need to reload it to the AP).
> Instead you select the MAC filtering option in the ME102 management
software
> and you will find an option to upload from text file. Select this option
> and then browse to wherever you've stored the plain text file and select
it.
> The file will then be read and uploaded to the AP.
>
> That's all there is to it.

Thanks very much for this David, cheers.