Crytek: Crysis 2 Will Have Best AI Ever in a Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthropophaginian

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
Sounds good. I presume AI 'make' dynamic decisions, constantly reassessing their situation with elements of randomness. One of my favourite AIs is still the original FEAR. You think you have the upper hand sneaking around them, but sometimes they take a different route and even change their strategies when you reload from a save. Not something you can sit back and plough your way through.

C00lIT

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
"We'll believe it when we see it."

I agree on that statement.

I remember FarCry2's promisses about the AI and gameplay acheivements... felt pretty unfinished to me with the lack of story lack of proper ending and none stop identical gameplay that gets boring real fast.

Then again, this isn't FarCry2, I hope they do a good job.

(What's with all the "FAIR" War isn't supposed to be Fair :p)

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
We have all been here before. As soon as a developer starts making statements about how advanced and outstanding their new game is, we can all pretty much assume that everything will be a massive let down. I am predicting disappointing graphics for the PC, free spawning and predictable enemies and an overall feeling of 'Meh'.

geossj5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
[citation][nom]c00lit[/nom](What's with all the "FAIR" War isn't supposed to be Fair )[/citation]

i think it means that they wont handicap the player by decreasing their HP when you increase the difficult

dfusco

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
(What's with all the "FAIR" War isn't supposed to be Fair )[/citation]

Unfair is when you snipe a guard from 600 yards and the guy standing next to him fires his pistol from the hip drilling you right between the eyes with his first shot :)

sneaky jedi

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
well if time travel exists in the future we will know soon enough cuz someone will be coming back to destroy crysis 2 to stop future war...maybe they can give us cheap tech that can run crysis as well...

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Well, the AI in Crysis was good, so I have high expectations from this one. But I hope that they introduce a 5th difficulty level which is one notch up the Delta level of the first game.

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
Fair as in the ai doesnt know where you are if it doesnt have a visual contact with the enemy. I think it was in the first half life where even if you teleported yoirself away from the enemy, the ai wouldnstill know where the hell you are.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]anthropophaginian[/nom]Sounds good. I presume AI 'make' dynamic decisions, constantly reassessing their situation with elements of randomness. One of my favourite AIs is still the original FEAR. You think you have the upper hand sneaking around them, but sometimes they take a different route and even change their strategies when you reload from a save. Not something you can sit back and plough your way through.[/citation]
Agreed, FEAR had good AI.

I also agree on the definition of fair. If the enemy can't see you, they shouldn't know where you are (unless its based on noise). If they did see you, then lost sight of you, they shouldn't be able to follow you behind a wall, down a hallway, and through another corridor to where you pop-out next.

And agreed on the omniscient helicopters. Nothing kills a game better than the mandatory "shoot down the fast-moving, infinite-ammo carrying helicopter" level. But damn if it ain't a pre-requisite for almost every FPS game out there. I think I got at least 10 games installed on my computer with an omniscient helicopter level.

Status
Not open for further replies.