Dilemma : A7V for stability or KT7 for ISA

G

I currently have 2 soundcards running in my computer (K6-2 300 on FIC VA-503+) one ISA SBAWE64 and one PCI SB128. The SBAWE64 is used for emulators in DOS mode(genecyst, nesticle, zsnes) This setup is great for me and I intend to upgrade soon to a T-BIRD but the A7V doesn't have a freakin' ISA slot. I'm thinking of going for the KT7 board but is it stable?

If any of you are using a SBLIVE in real DOS mode, you're not getting 16bit sound because it only emulates a SoundBlaster PRO in real DOS mode. SoundBlaster PRO is 8bit(1 DMA). I bought my AWE64 only to get 16bit sound in ZSNES.

G

Don't know where you get the idea that the a7v is stable. It's been a nightmare for me. Although I must admit since I upgraded the windows promise driver to Build 33 and flashed the bios to 1005a, it's been much better.

I also have the KT7-Raid and it's been perfect since day one - no stability problems.

Now you may wish to look at the MSI K7T Pro2a. There's a guy on this forum that has it and it works well for him. I believe one version of this board also comes with an ISA slot.

For a good roundup of socket a boards look at:

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1374

Tom's also has some reviews.