Good PC gaming headphones

Zeph94

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Are there any good surround sound headphones w/ a mic out there that are better then the Turtle Beach HPA2? I would like for it to cost $100 or less.

BeefBravo

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158075&cm_re=creative_fatality-_-26-158-075-_-Product

I'm not going to even suggest that the above is better than the set that you listed, but I own a pair of these & absolutly love them. I here everything crystal clear (even footsteps & their respective directions). No they don't have numerous speakers but they are really good. If you are looking for an incredible set and to save about$50 then I would recommend these. If saving the extra scratch doesn't matter then (on paper at least) the set you listed seem to be a bit better.

Zeph94

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Well Since Christmas is around I've already been told I can get the Turtle beach ones. The reviews for your headphones said that they can get uncomfortable and thats not good for me when I have my marathons xD. Plus the mobo I just bought supports surround sound and well...why not? Thank you for the suggestion though.

Stupido

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008

I have those (as well steelseries siberia) but since quite some time I have Roccat Kave and they are much better than those Creative (and siberai)... OK, they cost bit more too, but they still fit into the 100$ budget :)

woodyhd

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
little stretch from what you are asking, but you could get yourself a pair of Sennheiser HD 555 and buy a separate clip on mic. for around $100. It's stereo but so are most other "sound sound" headsets If you have a good sound card you can get some pretty decent directional audio. They will sound better than any headset out there with the exception of maybe the HD 360.