Gamepad does not work

I am running the demo version of Doom3 on my PC and it works perfectly with
the mouse and keyboard. I would rather use my USB gamepad but there seems
to be no way get it to work with the gamepad. What am I doing wrong - how
do I get it to work with the gamepad. Any suggestions will be greatly
welcomed!!!
2 answers Last reply
More about gamepad work
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    On 03/05/2005 14:16:04, "Don Loukes" wrote:
    >I am running the demo version of Doom3 on my PC and it works perfectly with
    >the mouse and keyboard. I would rather use my USB gamepad but there seems
    >to be no way get it to work with the gamepad. What am I doing wrong - how
    >do I get it to work with the gamepad. Any suggestions will be greatly
    >welcomed!!!

    Same info applies to gamepads
    < http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Doom3/FAQ_Joystick.htm >

    HTH

    M.W.H
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    Don Loukes wrote:
    > I am running the demo version of Doom3 on my PC and it works
    > perfectly with the mouse and keyboard. I would rather use my USB
    > gamepad but there seems to be no way get it to work with the gamepad.
    > What am I doing wrong - how do I get it to work with the gamepad. Any
    > suggestions will be greatly welcomed!!!

    If you use digital gamepad I can say - forgot it. Best compination is
    keyboard + mouse for FPS games like Doom 3.

    I have USB Microsoft Gamepad too and I play Flatout car game with it. So
    I had possibility to test your problem. Seems that there is not support
    for pad. But I am not sure. Try to ask this same question on Doom III
    forum: http://www.portalforums.net/

Games Gamepad Keyboards Video Games