Block adult popups and websites from the kids

quinton2

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004
Hi,

Running Windows XP,Norton 2005, NTL Broadband and 2 kids (13) (9).....put all these together and you get adult popups!!!
I am aware of the control you have in Windows itself although by pushing this up to maximum level you cant even search the web then.....Could someone please tell me the best way to keep those adult suckers 'popups' out of my system / any other systems for good. Almost stating taht any time a site with over 18 material want to appear it gets banned.....o'yeah, tried spy sweeper as well but as you can imagine its not always posible for a 9 year old to know if he should 'accept' or 'remove' a file.....

Regards,
Q

quinton2

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004
Thanx for the reply although I had something cheaper in mind....the NIS software go for about £20 and not sure if that would solve the 'full' issue.....any other ideas?

Thanx
Q

bjpatrick

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2004
Firefox and adware. If you have adult pop-ups just surfung the net. There is some spy-ware on your computer. I would delete all IE icons so your kids cannot use it. Also run anti-virus. AVG will work fine if you are not interested in paying for an anti-virus.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<b><A HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx" target="_new"><font color=red>Microsoft Anti-spyware</A></b></font color=red>

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.