A7V, Win2K, and IE55SP1... headache lovers enter

G

Okay... I got an A7V, running Win2k SP1 and IE 5.5 SP1, running DirectX8... EVERY GAME RUNS GREAT btw! Games are STABLE as hell... It's when I try to run anything graphic intensive in Win2K environment it locks up with scrolling or mouse movement. ie... IE55SP1, Media Player (one time) but the majority of the time it's IE55SP1!!! I've read a few other posts that some people are having the same problem, but all of them are using WinME. I have just downloaded and flashed my A7V with the new 1005a and haven't have any problems thus far (only been using it for about 15 min) but I'll keep you all posted.

Basically it looks like it locks up when ever you are moving the mouse around in IE. Sounds weird but it looks like other people are having the same problem. I really hope this works ... I've almost considered replacing my TBird/A7V combo with my old Celron550/BE-II (rock solid) combo.

My question is this... anyone have any comments/problems/issues about running the A7V in Win2K environment? Thus far this IE locking thingy is the only problem I've had... and I've used Win2K for all my gaming since it's release and have had no problems thus far...

Thanks for all the great posts...

Cyp

G

Had same problem with mouse locking up the system (although without DirectX8). Solution was to set to AGP 2x. System has been rock solid since.