Low fps in Bad company 2 MP!

Hello, (yes another low framerate bc2 thread *sigh*) Am gettin horrible framerates in BC2, and it doesn't matter much if i lower settings to low or medium either, i run the game on 1440x900, no AA, no Vsync and no HBAO but getting about 20 - 30 fps most of the time on maps like Arica harbour and the new Oasis. I have no problem running singleplayer, there i have buttersmooth fps, i also have no problem running crysis or metro on highest settings.

My system:

Win7 64bit
Asus P5N-D
nVidia GTX 295
Intel Q9550 @ 2.84ghz 12mb cache.
4gb ddr2 @ 800mhz
Corsair TX750w PSU

My own guess would be my CPU is bottlenecking me like hell here? But how much better would it be if i bought an Core i5 or i7?

Help is appreciated.
6 answers Last reply
More about company
  1. I get over 60 FPS on BC2 MP everything on high on a 23" LCD at 1,920 x 1,080 with the following specs.

Win 7 64 bit Ultimate
    Q6600 @3.0 Ghz.
    MSI P35 Neo2-FR
    GT9800 512
    4 GB ram 4, 4, 4, 12.
    Sata300 drive.
    900 PSU(can't remember the brand).

Must be a driver or you network access. You should be getting better FPS than that. Your hardware specs are fine, unless you have a failure.
  2. Bullsh*t ... thats horsesh*t! 60 fps on those crappy specs?

Driver issues? I have a fresh installed Win7 U 64 with all essential updates and drivers. I also run the latest nvidia drivers. What about network access? Does that inflict on the FPS? Or just the ping?

Can you proof with a pic plz? Of your 60 fps in BC2 MP? Run a map like Arica or Oasis with atleast 30 persons in, those are the ones I'm getting bad performance in...
  3. Quote:
    Bullsh*t ... thats horsesh*t! 60 fps on those crappy specs?

Driver issues? I have a fresh installed Win7 U 64 with all essential updates and drivers. I also run the latest nvidia drivers. What about network access? Does that inflict on the FPS? Or just the ping?

Can you proof with a pic plz? Of your 60 fps in BC2 MP? Run a map like Arica or Oasis with atleast 30 persons in, those are the ones I'm getting bad performance in...

I am with you, I think hes full of it. I get 60 FPS with i5 750 @ 4.0 , 5870, 8GB of DDR3, 2xAA and 16xAF on 1920x1080, but it does dip to 40-50 with the smoke. Maybe power supply issue? Are you running a program like FRAPS to see your fps? Ping should not effect fps.
  4. Trialsking said:
    I am with you, I think hes full of it. I get 60 FPS with i5 750 @ 4.0 , 5870, 8GB of DDR3, 2xAA and 16xAF on 1920x1080, but it does dip to 40-50 with the smoke. Maybe power supply issue? Are you running a program like FRAPS to see your fps? Ping should not effect fps.

Ye, thas wat am saying dawg.. Dude thinks he can fool anyone. PSU is fine, i run fraps hence i said 20 - 30 fps.. but i also have heights of about 40 - 50 too, but most often its around 25-35, which to me works to play with, but when u wanna be fast and aim to get those extra headshots, it just doesn't cut it.
  5. Overclock that cpu all the way to 3.6ghz or more.
    BC2 is very cpu hungry, 2.8ghz won't cut it for getting the full power of the gtx 295 ;)
    also don't enable vsync.
  6. Ok this might sound crazy but for a while I too was having stupid fps issues. And i believe I have, atleast for my situation found a solution. First me specs as follows:

Evga 680i Motherboard
    e7200 stock: 2.53- OC- 3.6
    4gbs Gskill 4-4-4-12
    Gtx 275 (oc to 710-1574-1239) i oc only when i play games with riva tuner
    corsair 750tx

Before i had nothing OC and my game was lagging. I tried switching all kinds of settings v sync, hbao, texture, filtering, dx9, dx10, blah, blah, and blah and so forth. Until I decided to oc my cpu...well that gave me a boost to a nice avg of about 35fps on med with 2x and 2x. Then i bumped up my card and got the same fps but more steady and not so painful with smoke and things blowing up. After playing around some more i decided what would happen just for the heck of it if I maxed it out. Lo and behold my game play got BETTER! I am not lying...i swear it improved. funny thing is my gpu would never get that hot in bc2. most 65 c nothing bad, but now it gets hot like 85 c max. Its strange but now i have seen fps of 70's high and avg of 40s. I dont know but it worked for me...

Also a buddy of mine is going to sell me his gtx 275 so i can sli, this should be interesting. I have to say BC2 is really a strange game as far as settings go. I mean just dont get why lowering settings make my fps crappier. (btw checking fps with riva tuner overlay in game.)
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games